Nutcracker

The show was goregous, all the dancers did amazing. Crowley watched from the wings and relished the final number.

He'd taught them well, and they finally did it.
Opening night was a success.

He looked across the wings, where he caught the eyes of another of the teachers. Aziraphale.

He looked weepy.
An old nostalgic smile on his face as he watched the sugar plum fairy and the nutcracker finished the ending number.

He saw the light shine off his watery eyes.
Till they found his.
Aziraphale gave out a laugh as he wiped his eyes and gave the ginger haired teacher a small wave.

Crowley smiled back, waving softly.
...
All the ballerinas had dispersed, going to dinner or back home to their flats.

Crowley stayed back to clean the dressing rooms and the stage, till he heard the familiar music of the pas de deux.
He wondered who would still be here at this hour? So he followed his way to the stage.

There he saw Aziraphale, beginning the pas de deux as the nutcracker. Walking his way through the movements.

He watched through the wings once again, seeing the graceful movements and the technique that elevated from the man.

He watched briefly before joining in.
Aziraphale was shocked to say the least, jumping when Crowley put his hand on his arm.
"You can't pas de deux without a partner."

And so the danced.
And finished the dance smiling, typically Crowley wouldn't dance the sugar plum fairy's part, but he'd taught the dancer who played her tonight. He knew every step and every cue.

Of course the dance was messy, both would giggle and slip across the stage.
But it was so intimate in a way Crowley couldn't explain.
He connected with Aziraphale on a brand new level.
They were entranced in the music.

The final chord finished drawing them out, Aziraphale smiled to the ginger, his eyes welling up with tears.

"I haven't danced that in years...Thank you."