01. punch of the history

☆

CHAPTER 1:
Punch of the History

THE BELL had rung for lunch and your classmates had already packed up their stuff and were ready to leave for the cafeteria that is gonna be, no doubt, crowded if you’re not quick. So you hastily shoved your notebooks and textbooks inside your bag, pushing the objects down and zipping the bag close.

Being in the Business Course was mentally tiring. Even though your class doesn’t undergo tedious activities like that of the hero course, your brain wears out from analyzing problems involving strategizing for business management. It wasn’t tiring nor hard at first, but as the semester progressed, the topics did so too, and it gets harder the longer it goes on.

“Are you alright, L/n-chan?” a friend of yours, made it known that your exhaustion didn’t go unnoticed. You heaved a sigh and flashed her a tired smile, ignoring the fact that your hair is poking out in different directions. “All fine. Why are you still here?”

Yumiko rolled her eyes as if the answer was already obvious. “Waiting for you. Duh?”

“It’s gonna be hard for us to get a table later,” you pointed out, sending her a pointed gaze. Yumiko chuckled incredulously and flicked your forehead. “We don’t even eat lunch in the cafeteria.”

Rubbing the spot where she flicked on your forehead with a pout, you went back to shouldering your bag and walked out the classroom. “Not today. I kinda needed to read through my homework for General Business.”

“L/n. Cut yourself some slack. You've practically memorized our textbooks by now.”  she clarified, poking your temple.

You didn’t answer her query and poked your tongue out at her, instead.

It’s not that you doubled your work for your own advantage, you just didn’t have anything else to do but study. Plus, you don’t spend your lunch primarily for eating. You took whatever time you have to read notes from the previous day and skim through the textbooks. The teachers go out of the whim and surprise you with quizze, so it’s better to be safe than never.

Also, the added information helps a lot during group works.

“Hello? This is Yumiko speaking. We seem to have lost L/n in her trip to nerd world, sorry to inform you.”

“Jeez, Miko. You’re terrible at being sarcastic,” you huffed, shaking your head. The brunette beside you shrugged and pointed to an empty table, exclaiming in feign excitement. “Hey look. Somewhere we can do your smart stuff on!”

“Oh just come on.” you mimicked her laughter as you grabbed her hand and dragged her towards the empty spot, slumping down with a contented sigh.

Your first meeting with Yumiko didn't go so well. The girl liked to tease people at something they do a lot. And you were her main target after most from your class got the gist on how smart you are: always getting the answers correct in every question, being able to solve and analyze problems better and faster than everyone else, and acing every tests-- barely getting a score lower than A-.

It intimidated everyone. But not Yumiko, though. She was convinced that you're not just someone who won't take her nose out of any book and gave befriending you a shot.

As for you, you've always had trouble socializing, much less, interact with other people. Your old school barely had any students in it, so you weren't used to mingling with big crowds.

You had to admit, Yumiko's teasing of you being the nerdiest of the nerds got you riled up at some point, but you grew out of it and had laughed along with her antics. She then saw how kind, patient and supportive you can be if somebody took a closer look.

As for you, you were glad to have someone like Yumiko by your side. Someone to remind you that life isn't just always about stressing over work. It made you happy that she was there to get you out of the bubble you've put yourself into.

As Yumiko pulled her lunchbox out, you unzipped your bulking bag and rummaged for a specific notebook and textbook as well as the small case that contained your different colored ballpens, pencils and liquid eraser. You cracked your fingers and worked your magic on an empty page of your notebook as you practiced on a written activity in the textbook, unaware of the lingering presence behind you and your best friend.

“Oi. Fuckface. Get your ass out of our table.”

The threat passed through deaf ears as you continued to write away on your notebook. Before the person could do another attempt to threat you off, another one made itself known to you, their breathing tickling your ear, the warm air fanning your face. Your writing ceased as you froze all over. The individual chuckled, the soft gust of air that hit the side of your face making you shudder and for your heart to beat rapidly inside your chest.

“...I wonder what a pretty lady’s doing sitting on my spot of the table.”

Instinctively, you threw a punch at that student from the hero course.

(A/N: Okay, so before anything else, I wanna thank you all for reading this book! Hope you last in the next chapters or solmfao i admit my writing aint that on fleek and i aint that confident with it lfndkflekdlsjd but i wanna try.

So uh. The chapters are intentionally short. Lasts up to 700+ words. Though, I would most likely heigten that number to 2k, though, occasionally.

That's all for now! Tysm!! Ilyall <33333)