06. YIKES

CHAPTER 6:
YIKES
[ KAMINARI ]

Kaminari was looking everywhere for her. The moment the last bell rang, he made a mad dash out the classroom that almost put Iida to shame.

A word in his afternoon lessons never went through his head as he practiced the lines he was about to say to her. For once, he never slept through a subject...but err, staying awake on the other hand was for a completely different reason. Even Jirou was surprised, but the feeling dissipitated when she heard him muttering along the lines of, “let’s share a Minecraft server together.”

All throughout the afternoon, the poor lad was restless and can’t sit still, earning a few complaints and whacks behind the head from his classmates.

The day had been completely rough for him, but all that he said to himself that he deserved it and he was gonna end this dilemma.

And he thought to make it special. Would she even accept his proposal? Gahh. Maybe he shouldn't even say it. It sounds stupid! And she's pretty smart!

He strolled through the hallway that lined the business course’s classrooms, only to see it devoid of students.

The blonde made it in front of an unfamiliar classroom door and stared at it with what could only be a look of deep concentration on his face. “This is her classroom, right? Damn it.” It was not like he knew where she was on the first try either. He had almost asked every single person he saw where the classroom of the certain course would be and got it wrong for like...five times. She didn’t even include her section on the pencil case...not that he would remember if she did...did she?

Kaminari hesitantly knocked on the door, but got no response. He moved to the next room and did the same, only to find out it’s also empty. The electric hero took his time to study the door of the last classroom, a heavy weight settling on his chest. Disappointment coursed through him and he let out a sigh of defeat. ‘No.’ he thought, a serious look crossing his face, he was gonna find her, apologize, and finish the job.

Breathing in deeply, he raised his fist and knocked really, really hard.

“ o o m p h.”

‘hUH. That’s not how a door should sound like. It should be KnoCk not  OomPh.

A silent scream escaped his open mouth when he saw that he did not in fact knock on the door but on the face of his apologizee (not a real word btw).

The girl took off her glasses to rub the spot between her nose at where he
s m a c k e d her and put it on again to get a better look at the suspect. Her e/c orbs widened in surprise as an uneasy chuckle slipped past her lips. “I guess that makes us even...?”

Kaminari, who was still in shock (*clears throat*), could only stare at her with his mouth agape. His mind blanked completely. He couldn’t believe he did the exact opposite of what he was gonna do. ‘I just mess everything up, don’t I?!’ all those rehearsed thoughts only came down to this.

“K-Kaminari, was it?”

Hearing his name made him snap out of his thoughts to look down at the girl in front of him, who was moving her gaze everywhere but him. He internally deflated. ‘She probably thinks I’m some sort of weirdo now. Nice going, dummy.’

“I uh...” she coughed in her fist, “I...wanna apologize about...punching you...”

Blink

“Hmm?”

She narrowed her eyes at him, but it wasn’t intended to be harsh. Sighing, L/n rocked on the balls of her feet and repeated what she said, “I said I’m sorry...well, I didn’t say that- I mean I said I apologize which is basically the same thing but err...uh...punching you was a really bad idea and I shouldn’t have done it and I feel so-”

‘She’s actually so cute...’ The look he gave her made her shut up, her face turning a shade of red making her cover it with both of her hands. “I said I’m sorry...” she said with finality, but it was muffled by her hands.

Kaminari weakly chuckled and tapped her on the shoulder. Slowly, she peeked through the gaps of her fingertips and relaxed when she saw him have an amused smile on his face.

Somehow, the male felt more at ease with her. All the pressure he felt were washed away, and the heaviness on his chest had vanished. They stood in front of each other in a comfortable silence until Kaminari thought it’d be the best time to make it his turn to apologize. “Erm...I’m sorry, too. What I did was a jerky move...I never should have pulled that off on you...I know you’re probably creeped out-”

“Tell me about it...”

“And it was totally weird-”

“Mhm. Mhm. Facts.”

He looked at her exasperatingly while she giggled teasingly. “I’m sorry, I’m only kidding.”

“So I plan on doing something to make up for it!” he enthusiastically said, poking a finger in the air.

L/n raised both of her eyebrows and leaned on the doorway with her arms crossed. “Okay? I’m listening.”

‘Wait a second, this was not part of my plan-’

“How about...”

‘Oh shit oh fuck stop right now-’

“...I take you out on a date!”

‘MOTHERFUC-’

He started to sweat when he finished with jazz hands and a silent, “Yay?” on the end.

L/n looked even more confused and more flustered, and he whacked himself on the head. “Ouch! Okay, that was meant to happen only in my head-”

“Sure!”

Blink

“Come again.”

L/n, with a really wide grin on her face, said. “Yeah! I’ll go on a date with you.”

[A/N: it had been a frickin while since i last updated this book fkekfoemdleks sorry if i kept you guys waiting :(((]