Chapter 14 - Fun!

"Wow, you cook?" Jin asked you surprisingly.

"Nope. Just leftovers from when you cooked." You said. You woke up early before him just to reheat the course breakfast since that's the only thing you can find in your fridge. Jin sat down at the table and ate with you. The both of you couldn't really say anything else after that night.

You were still wishing that you hadn't said anything. Now he probably thinks you're an idiot? Who knows. You say there quietly, eating the delicious food he basically made.

"Wait, shouldn't you be at work?!" Jin gasped, looking at the clock.

"No. I don't work at the cafe until 4. That and I quit my Uber job." You told him, "but it was fun though." Jin tilted his head, looked at you confused.

"Why did you quit that job? At least you were working and getting paid just to drive people around!" He nagged out of nowhere, "now what are you going to in the morning, do nothing? You can't get paid by doing nothing you know!!"

"It's ok. I still have the cafe job and I have you to train for the competition." You answered him calmly. He was about to say something, but stopped himself. He realized that he was nagging at you and completely shut down.

"Sorry....." He mumbles. You didn't mind. In fact, you figured that maybe his mother did have something to do with his beating. And it haunts him which is why he's acting off.

"What happened yesterday?" You asked him, "you can tell me now that's just the two of us." Jin didn't bother to look you in the eye again, just avoided your gaze like he knew you would ask that question.

"Jin, I want to help you but I can't if you hide these things from me." You tried to persuade him gently, "I--"

"What does it matter? You're only going do what she does to me. Prep me from another competition like it's the world." Jin mumbled, but you can hear him.

"This is your world Jin! If you win this, you'll be able to do whatever you want with your life!" You explained to him, "you don't have to do these pageants anymore and forever be free!"

"That's not how it works. If I win the nationals, then I have to go to the internationals which mean I have to go back to her." Jin argued, "either way, I have to go back to her and still remain a model! I overheard my mom and your brother talking about it! I'll never be free from her!"

"Oh, I haven't though of it that way......" You dropped your tone, "I didn't know. That was probably their intention....." You say there, eating your food, thinking long and hard about how everything will learn plan out. You already agreed to their deal so there's no escape.

"I don't get why you want to still want to stick around. You're just a uber driver, I don't know why you had to pop up and get involved with anything." Jin mumbled more harsh comments, "just say you give up and bring me back. I'll understand."

"Don't say that! I'm going to get you out of this bind!" You say it confidently, although on the inside you're not sure yourself. You don't even know what happens after the internationals. That should be the end right? Like the Super Bowl for beauty pageants?? Jin let's out a sarcastic laugh.

"Oh really? And you're planning to do that with this face?! This is your fault you know!" He points out, now looking at you in the eyes with anger and frustration.

"My fault?" You dropped your tone.

"Yes! All she wanted was for you to get out of my life and mid your own business! If you weren't so attracted to my face, I would've still have it!" He accused you, slamming his hand against the table, "what are you? One of those obsessive stalkers?!"