Chapter 15 • Unexpected things.

"WOAH!!! THAT THING BROUGHT US SO HIGH!!" Jin laughed, when you two exited the ride. This is like the twelveth ride you've been on and the second time you've rode it. Everytime you were being lifted up, Jin would holler, "WOAH! WOAH! WOAH!" Which would makes you laugh every time. Even though after he would hit you for laughing, it would still be enjoyable to you.

The two of you are acting like kids with no supervision. Running around from ride to ride and even trying out some games, that would end up you losinglosing and wasting tickets. You drag Jin to another ride and Jin would drag you to another food vendor. Stuffing your face silly like a bunch of food addicts, though Jin would have more food than you as always.

"Oh my, these cheese corn dogs are so good!!! The cheese is so stretchy!!" You laugh with astonishment, "this is way more better than ordinary fair food! But I know that I'm nothing compared to you right now."

"Are you calling me fat again?" Jin joked, "I just have a large stomach." He stuffs his mouth like always as you two sat down at one of the park benches. You weren't paying attention to time until you turned your phone and saw the time. You only got to the fair at 11, but now it's 4:38pm, meaning that you were now late for work that was suppose to start at 2. You thought you would be able to squeeze in some time, but no.

Even Namjoon made an effort to call you several times but your phone was on silent the whole time. Usually, you would be in such a hurry to get to work and not be more late than usual.

"Somethung wrong?" Jin asked, "what time is it?" You pulled up a smiled and turned off your phone, "nothing at all. Just getting ready to be five o'clock, but I'm not in any rush." You didn't want the day to end. Just for him to sit in that apartment for him to do nothing. You continued to eat with him, watching him become amazed with the new foods he's eating.

Even if his face isn't in the best condition, you still didn't mind to state at him from time to time. You didn't mean to, but you couldn't help it. He was handsome either way. You didn't care what he would day about himself or anyone. Just give him some food and everything disappears to him.

"What are you looking at?" Jin asked, trying not to smile at you.

"You're cute when you eat." You commented, "I just couldn't help it, my bad." Jin shyly blushes, dropping his head low to avoid being seen by you. Pointing out this looks still might not be the right thing to say. Well, even if it's a compliment, you don't know how he would react. You guessed that he would go off and turn down your nice gesture.

Instead, you hear a smirk coming from him with his hand covering his mouth.

"I'm sorry, I've never heard anyone say that to me before. Y'know, once you get used to pageants you cannot tell when someone's giving you compliment or a rating." Jin explained, "judges tell the audience, 'he was some perfectly curved lips followed by this and that.' I was so flattered until months became years, I just became numb to it...."

You bobbed your head, now fiddling with the empty paper plate. A full stomach that's just getting bigger by watching Jin. Gradually, he would get finished and none the both of you are sitting there watching people around you. Parents trying to drag their kids out of park, couples messing around with their lovey dovey ways and groups of friends laughing and playing.

"Well, there is one more ride that is a must see before we go." You reminded yourself, "and I promise you, " It's not that fast or scary. Just trust me on this one!" Jin rolled his eyes, "yeah right!" You giggled, pulling him to the bottom of the ferris wheel. You had two tickets left so why not spend it on a ferris wheel?

You hopped on the ride inside one of the little carts before Jin. The guard closed the door after you two while you're still at the bottom. Jin looks around, a little confused at what's suppose to happen. Of course, he's bearly been to a fair so he probably doesn't remember riding one of these.

The cart started to move up in a slow circle like the minute hand of the clock. Jin's eyes shoot open, starts going around the cart, looking down at the fair which is now getting smaller.

"I can see the entire city from here!" Jin exclaimed, unknowingly clinging onto your arm. You laughed out loud at the cute sight. He was smiling at the sight yet terrified at the same time at the height. Just until you get to the top, the ride stop to let others off of the ride.

"Why did you stop the ride now?!" He fussed at the people down below, "you people are so ridiculous! You're scaring me to death while hundreds of feet up in the air!!" You pay his back, comforting him to calm down, holding back in a laugh.

"This is a great view though?" You distract him, "imagine always seeing this image."

"It reminds me of photographers and news reporters, taking pictures." Jin reminding himself, "asking me such smotheting questions and endless mercy. Press these days try to make something up just to get people interested in the event. The thing is, managers are scratch on their clients so nothing happens....."

"I figured. But there's a difference between caring for a client and just running a prison. If you don't want to do this Jin then I--"

"It wouldn't matter anyway. I'll do it." Jin interrupt you, "I'll go back to my mother because I don't want you getting involved anymore. Even if I win the nationals, it wouldn't be enough for her. All I ever wanted....was to go up on that stage and hear her voice....."I know him! That's my son."......."

"Jin...." You try to talk him out of it, but he shakes his head with his final answer.

"No, I can stand letting them do this to my handsome face. But the last thing I want to do, is be the reason why they damage you and your--" Jin caught himself before looking into your eyes and gathering up courage to finish his sentence, "beautiful face...."

You block your face by turning around and looking at the view. You didn't want to look at him after that statement. Many awkward moments have happened between the two of you do much that you're driving yourself crazy. You keep smiling but kept quiet. At least you thought that you were quiet.

"Listen, let's just be honest here. Maybe since we're going to be spending a lot of time with each other, we should just....you know." Jin says as the ferris wheel starts turning again, "(Name), I like you. And if I only have a couple of months to be with you then so be it." You turned to Jin, taken by surprise that he would be the one to come out.

"I'm surprised you would, huh, say that." You scoffed, "and to think that you would say something like that is actually kinda, uh...."

"You've been more helpful to me then anyone I know. You actually stood up to my mom, something that I would never do. That's what got me in trouble." Jin walked up closer to you, "I actually admitted that I liked you to her and she didn't taken it well. She convinced me that you would never feel the same without my face. That's why I didn't want to say anything earlier."

You stood there, shocked. To think that she would actually teach her son that way and manipulate him makes you sick to your stomach. Jin sat down, looking at his feet with solemn.

"I confessed and Jungkook heard me. I swear he got so mad then took it to his own hands. Literally." Jin sighed,"I-"

"There's no need for that now Jin. I can assure you that I'm not just liking you for looks. You have a nice personality that's grown on me. So let's just spend whatever time we have left." You sat down next to him, hand over his, "preping for the nationals as well. I'm sure we can work something out."

"I would kiss you but my lip still hurts from stuffing it." He laughed, making you blush again.

The two of you gotten off the ferris wheel and walked back to the car with each other. Maybe it's not so bad, falling for him. A lesson that you never thought that could be valuable until now.

You spent the rest of your evening at the apartment watching a movie and tending to Jin's recovering face. From that day forward, you start to grow closer to each other than anything.