Chapter 17 • This Moment

"Alright people! Two hours before the competition!! People are starting to fill up the seats, let's get moving!!"

"Ready, 1, 2,3,4, oh come on sweetheart! Get this right!"

"Coffee! Someone get my coffee!"

"No No No! I want my eyeliner pink! Not fushia!"

Listening to people holler on top of each other is not what you'd envisioned for backstage. The ring leader letting everyone know to get ready, managers training their contestants, contestants getting demanding or bratty. Even though it was only ten contestants, you'd mistaken there would be thirty.

"This is what you go through before every show?" You asked Seokjin was your father was petfecting his makeup.

"You have no idea. I've seen uglier stuff happen just by being backstage." He commented, "do you see Jungkook yet?"

"Of course. He doesn't look so pleased that I lied to him over the phone." The both of you giggled to yourselves. Jungkook was sitting a chair, letting his hair dresser do his hair while he looks around, pretends that he doesn't see you. Seeing him in that type of distress just brings happiness to your face.

Next thing you know, Jin's mother coming walking to you with her black high heels and black suit while you only wear casual clothes as usual.

"Well. I see that Seokjin's face has healed perfectly." She looks over at her son, who is not paying her any mind, "anyway, I hope you have something good in store for the competition."

"Don't worry about us. You should worry about whether or not Jungkook will rip those earrings out of your ears when he throws a fit about his lost." You smirked, turning away from her and paying attention to your client. You can hear her heels clank against the floor as she walks away with her head up like some rich woman.

Jin couldn't help it but to giggled softly as his make up is almost done.

"I can't believe you actually told her that." He giggles, "I never thought anyone I knew would do that."

"I know that's your mother, but she needs to learn her place." You growled, watching her whisper in Jungkook's ear  from across the room.

"No need. I understand." Jin agrees. You watch as she still whispers close to Jungkook, while he's getting his hair done. His dark brown hair being parted in the middle, with his all white outfit with the messy white tie. He raised an eyebrow and suddenly opens an eye towards you direction. You turn away, looking at Jin.

Will this be enough? Of course Jin is a veteran at pageants so for someone who has been through this type of stuff is put on some high standards. Of course, even with no experience Jungkook is no different. He managed to skip rounds and jump to the nationals without breaking a sweat. It's everybody's game, unless his team pulled a few strings.

You noticed how some of the contestants walking by were glancing at Jin and talking to others, probably about him. That performance the other day really made him known.

"Hey." Namjoon waved. You blinked your eyes, and noticed the co-worker from the cafe.

"Namjoon, what are you doing here?!" You walked towards him, "I didn't know that you were going to--"

"I know, I don't seem like the type of person to watch these these and I'm not, but there's something I need to show you." He pulls out his phone and earphones, "I think I know who to get Jungkook out of the race........"

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"And that was contestant number 8! Give it up for Kang Daesung!" The announcer cheered followed by the audience's applause. The contest first started with the guys walking with their outfits like it was a fashion show and say something about themselves. Now it's the talent segment. As each man gets off the runway, they quickly prepare for the talent as others are going.