Peace Before the Storm

Guess who's back!

I've replanned, rewritten, re-everything this story and I'm ready for you guys to read it. Updates are going to be slightly slower. Hope you enjoy.

Welcome back to To Thwart The Darkness!

P.S. This goes without saying but if you've read the original book don't go spoiling what happened in it in the comments. This one is going to be slightly different in pacing and plot, and it's not fair to the new readers who didn't get the chance to read the original.

Enjoy!

---

Diagon Alley

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes was alive with magic and wonder, a stark contrast to the reports and newspapers that the wizarding world was receiving over the six weeks of summer holidays. The shop that Fred and George created was a place to forget the war, a place where you could have fun. Will was glad that Mrs Weasley had sent him and his boyfriend there; it was a nice change from the constant pressure of trying to save the world.

"Nico, we need more Snackboxes!" Will called from the front of the store, stacking the remaining stock on the display.

"Coming!" Nico called back.

For the past six weeks Nico and Will had worked with Fred and George in their shop; stacking, restocking, creating potions (something Nico was surprisingly good at) and assisting customers -the number of which had started to grow thin as Voldemort's rise to power continued. But no matter how dark Diagon Alley got (there had been a Death Eater attack the week before, just down the street) Fred and George kept the shop open.

"If they insist on keeping it going, even though it's completely dangerous, I need you two to be there to protect them," Mrs Weasley had said to Nico and Will after a few days of staying at the Burrow.

"What about me mum?" Ron had asked, but his arguments were shot down completely by his mother.

A bright pink Pygmy Puff hopped up onto Will's shoulder as he worked. He had grown quite attached to the small, fluffy animal that squeaked continuously. He hadn't come up with a name yet, so he just called it 'Squeak' (Nico hated it).

"Fred and George get back this afternoon," Nico said, dumping boxes of Snackboxes at Will's feet. "And Mrs Weasley contacted earlier, she says that they're doing it tonight."

Will nodded and started adding more Snackboxes to the display. Out the window he could see the shabby stalls start to open for the day. A ministry poster blew past.

"It'll be nice to get back to the Burrow," Will said. The Order of the Phoenix had been planning to move Harry from his house to the Burrow for a few weeks now. They'd decided to do it the Saturday before his birthday instead of his actual birthday, thinking that it would throw the Death Eaters off the scent.

"I just wish we could stay here," Nico murmured.

"I know."

Even though Diagon Alley was falling apart; once bright colourful shops covered with Ministry Posters, windows boarded up; it was nice to have a break from the dark shadow of war. But woe is the life of a demigod.

"I'm going to open the shop soon," Nico decided, "are you all good to manage the checkout?"

"'Course."

---

4 Privet Drive

Percy closed the notebook. Annabeth leant back into the Dursley couch and sighed.