Christmas At The Burrow

The Burrow

Jason, Will, Nico, Ginny and Piper woke up on Christmas morning to the smell of freshly baked sugar cookies. It was a frenzy to get down the stairs into the living room where they met Fred and George (who'd gotten to the Burrow early that morning), already sitting next to the Christmas tree. Mrs Weasley came into the small room with a plate of beautifully iced Christmas-tree shaped sugar cookies and Mr Weasley was down the stairs a minute later in his beanie and slippers.

"Alright," Mrs Weasley said as the cookie plate was past around, "you can open your presents now."

Fred and George leapt into the small pile of presents that had assembled under the tree.

"A jumper!" Fred exclaimed, pulling out a dark blue, knitted jumper with an 'F' on it.

"What I've always wanted!" George said, pulling out his identical green one with a 'G' on the front.

Mrs Weasley, noticing the demigods hadn't moved from their spot, said, "go on, you can open your presents too." Jason's eyes lit up.

"You got us something?" He asked. They hadn't been expecting anything, since they were only staying over for the holidays.

"Of course," Mr Weasley replied for his wife.

"You didn't have to," Piper said as Jason crawled over to the pile of presents. There were four presents under the tree with their names in Mrs Weasley's beautiful handwriting, and four more, smaller ones. Jason handed them out. Ginny, still half asleep, snatched her present away before George opened it for her.

"It's beautiful!" Piper exclaimed, tearing away the excess wrapping paper to reveal an orange jumper with 'P' knitted onto the front. Will held up a red one and Nico smiled lightly at the black one that fell into his lap. Jason had already thrown his blue one on and moved on to the next present.

"Thank you so much," Will said to Mrs Weasley, pulling the jumper over his pyjama shirt. Pepper the pygmy puff leapt out of his lap into the scrap pile of Christmas wrapping paper. Arnold, Ginny's pygmy puff, joined her a moment later and they started chasing each other around.

Fred burst out laughing. "Mum! I think you might have mixed up George and Ginny's jumpers!" Ginny, dressed in the green, knitted jumper than swallowed her whole, shrugged as she opened the gift from her brothers. George had also put his jumper on, which was several sizes too small for him and riding up on his pyjama shirt, but he made no move to take it off.

"Oh! Sorry," Mrs Weasley apologised and attempted to take them back, but George wrapped his arms around his chest and made a noise of protest. 

"Custard creams!" Jason exclaimed, having opened the smaller present from the Weasley twins.

"Our own recipe." George swelled with pride.

Fred smirked and Nico, who had worked in their shop for the summer holidays, said, "you should eat one now," but Jason was already opening the packet. Will kept quiet. Piper opened her present to find a box of Bertie Bots Every Flavoured Beans.

Fred nudged her. "We wanted to get you one of the products from the WonderWitch line," he whispered, "but we figured you already had a boyfriend, so you didn't need something like a love potion." 

Speaking of her boyfriend, Piper watched Jason take a bite of the custard cream and immediately turn in to a canary. She jumped back but a minute later, in which Nico and Will opened their presents - another box of the Canary Creams (George shrugged at Nico's unamused glare) and a small brush for pygmy puffs - Jason had turned back into his normal self.

"Ha, ha," he said, looking slightly flustered, "jokes on you, turning me into a bird, cause I can already fly." When met with some weird looks from the Weasley's and panicked ones from Will and Piper, he quickly added, "with a broomstick. Speaking of we should go out and play some quidditch. After breakfast."

"A terrible save," Nico mumbled.

"Shut up," Jason mumbled back.