Children of the Future

Camp Jupiter

Frank had heard about the quest that his friends had gone on. He knew where they were, when they were, he had even gone for that Ball. He hadn't stayed because Reyna needed his help at Camp Jupiter; people didn't like it when there was only one praetor in charge. He thought that he would see Percy and Annabeth when they came for college, but they hadn't shown up for the semester. It had been two years and he hadn't heard anything. Hecate assured him and Hazel that if anything happened she would tell them, but they couldn't help but worry.

The goddess arrived in the middle of a game of capture the flag. She stood in the centre of the battle, arrows and spears deflecting away from her. Reyna called a stop to the fighting and Frank sprinted out to the goddess, dreading the worst. Hazel was close behind him.

"They need your help," Hecate said before Frank could ask what was wrong, "they are about to engage in the final battle, one that will be later known as The Battle of Hogwarts. The outcome of it is interchangeable and nothing is set in stone. It is imperative that we win. What say you? Will you take up arms?"

Frank looked over his shoulder to where Reyna was sprinting over, her purple cape billowing behind her. He saw the Twelfth legion in all its glory, paused in their fighting, and turned back to the Greek goddess of magic.

He bowed as Reyna arrived beside him. "The Twelfth Legion of New Rome will be honoured to fight by your side."

---

The Chase Mansion

Two years of peace and quiet; now that is what Magnus had expected the afterlife to be like. Laying on the roof of the Chase Space, sipping coconut milk; he couldn't think of any better way to spend his time. Alex was next to him, dressed in his signature sunglasses and rocking the vest and lime-coloured jeans. Magnus looked over at him and smiled.

He hadn't heard much from his cousin, Annabeth, since their parting almost two years prior, which Magnus found strange. They had promised to remain in contact, but the only thing he had gotten from her was an invitation to her and Percy's wedding. He tried reaching out for her, even considered going to New York to find her. But he didn't want to step into the Greek God's territory; who knew what they'd do to a Norse demigod.

Zeus could be all like: You're not mine! And zap him before he crossed the interstate border. Magnus did not like being zapped by gods.

"You're thinking," Alex said, sliding his sunnies onto his head and looking over, "I can hear it from over here. The small clogs in your brain are working over time; stop it."

"I can't help it," Magnus said. "I'm worried about Annabeth."

"Rightly so," said a voice behind them. Magnus squawked and almost fell out of his chair. Alex showed his surprise in a much more sophisticated way, with his garrotte drawn, turning to face the stranger.

It was a woman, dressed in a dark, sleeveless gown with her blonde hair pulled back into a swirly pony-tail. She was so pale, Magnus might have thought she was a ghost except for the fact that she radiated godly energy.

"Hello Magnus Chase, Alex Fierro. I am the goddess Hecate, and I am here on behalf of Annabeth Chase to request your assistance in the war of magic."

Magnus dumbly replied with, "what?"

"Annabeth and her friends are about to engage in a battle set in the past. They requested your help, einherji. So, what say you? Will you take up arms?" She offered her hand.

Alex gave Magnus a look which he interpreted as 'I'll go if you go, but if this turns out to be a trap, I'll kill you'.

"Uh," Magnus looked back at the goddess, "I guess?"

---

Camp Half-Blood

It had been a year since the whole Trials of Apollo mess, and the Camp had finally recovered. Leo had just gotten back from taking his girlfriend to see the Pyramids when Chiron called him into the Big House. When he and Calypso got there, they found the main room filled with cabin leaders.

"Alright," Chiron said, stamping his hoof to get everyone's attention. "I called you here because I've received word from Hecate that Percy Jackson has requested our presence for the Battle of Hogwarts."

"When do we leave?" Calypso called, sounding excited.

"As soon as we rally our weapons and figure out who's going," Chiron replied. "Who will take up arms against the magic Dark Lord to assist Percy, Annabeth, Jason, Nico, Will and Piper on their quest to protect Harry Potter?"

There were numerous shouts of affirmation.

"Then gather our army! Camp Half-Blood will fight!"