Prologue: The Nightmare

"MOM!! DAAAAD!!" 

Marie stumbled around the ruins of Tokyo... flames towered around her.. massive plumes of smoke hissed through the burning orange sky..  as screams and cries of terror resounded throughout the night.

Blood stained the streets.. crumbling buildings smoldered..  and the sounds of frenzied furious roars echoed all around as military planes flew past at immense speeds. 

Tears stained Marie's cheeks.. her normally beautiful brown hair filled with streaks of burns.. soot covering her skin..  her clothes filled with burn holes, some of them still alit.. 

"MOM..!" Marie screamed one last desperate time. "DAAAAADDD!!!"

"OVER HERE!!" yelled a voice. "MARIE HONEY OVER HERE!!"

Marie's mother was ahead, trying to push off a large amount of rubble from Marie's father.. who was pinned down.

"HELP ME WITH THIS!" Marie's mother screamed. 

Marie, immense desperate fear in her heart, ran over and pushed with her mother, and somehow, together they managed to push off the rubble long enough for her father to scramble to safety.

Marie's father adjusted his glasses, his clothes burnt and smoldering much like that of his wife and daughter. "Alright.. come on.. we need to go.. the life boats are this way.. Monarch is supposed to be evacuating everyone towards the ports-.."

"ROOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR"

The echoing furious roars sounded closer this time.. filling Marie's body with a chill of dread.. cold sweat pouring down her face. ".. A.. Are we going to die Dad..?"

Marie's father smiled kindly and hugged her daughter close. "No.. we're going to survive.. The Serizawa family won't go down that easily... now we're gonna run.. and we're gonna run as fast as we can... but not because we fear death... but because we cherish life.. can you remember that Marie?" 

Marie nodded quickly and gulped as Mr. Serizawa grabbed her hand and the had of his wife and pulled them along through the burning, dead looking streets, which were filled with the burning and smashed corpses of the monster's victims.. 

"DON'T LOOK!" roared Mr. Serizawa. "Just keep running... just keep-.

"ROAAAAAAAAARRR!"

Everone froze in their tracks.. as a massive scaly leg, thicker than a skyscrper.. came down in the path ahead.. 

The flames and shadows danced over the massive scaly silhouette  of a huge monster.. whose form could not clearly distinguish itself in the dim lighting..  

The eyes however, glowed blue with immense power.. and the mouth could be seen.. as the same huge blue light shown from between it's teeth. 

It's attention wasn't focused on Marie or her family.. 

And why would it be? What were a bunch of ants to a god?

As missiles from several military planes exploded uselessly and harmlessly against the monster's hide.. another roar was heard in the distance..  3 actually.. three resounding at the same time, crackling like some strange electric energy....

Marie whirled around to see a massive black shape.. shaped like a dragon, approaching from the opposite end.. the direction of the port.. Three long heads with mouths that glowed with crackling yellow energy.. 

The two Kaiju roared at each other furiously and began to approach each other. 

"GO!! RUUUN!" Mr. Serizawa roared. "NOW!"

The family began running for the coast, but Marie's mother tripped, and she screamed as she fell on all fours.. 

Mr. Serizawa turned around and ran to Mrs. Serizawa as Marie skidded to a halt.

Marie made to run to her parent's aid... but suddenly..

"BOOOOOMMMMMMMM"

Marie watched... watched with complete horror.. as the massive trunk-like lizard foot of the kaiju with glowing blue eyes... stepped on top of her parents... 

Marie fell to her knees.. 

There was silence pounding in her ears.. blocking out the roars of the Kaiju, and the sounds of the military desperately fighting a losing battle.... then..

Marie's face contorted into grieving fury, as tears splashed down her front and she glared up at the monster known as Godzilla. 

"You... I ... I HATE YOU... YOU.. TAKE.. AND YOU TAKE FROM US HUMANS!! UNTIL THERE'S NOTHING LEFT OF US FOR YOU TO TAKE!! SO WHAT.. IF YOU'VE ALL BEEN ON THIS PLANET LONGER!!! WE HAVE AS MUCH A RIGHT TO SURVIVE AS YOU!!!"

Marie stood up and spread her arms out furiously. "WELL THEN!? COME ON YOU BIG STUPID LIZARD!!! KILL ME!! YOU GIANT STUPID DINOSAUR!!  I HAVE NOTHING LEFT TO TAKE EXCEPT MY LIFE.. SO FUCKING TAKE IT!!!"

She needn't have asked.. as it was fated to happen anyways.. 

Marie shut her eyes as Godzilla's massive foot fell down upon her head in it's angry charge to reach the three headed monster that dared to challenge it... 

And when Marie opened her eyes again... 

She was somewhere else.. and she was alive..