The Raging Demon Lord.

"Sickening... absolutely sickening.. " In a massive dark castle.. a demon lord lamented his problem.. a problem he couldn't ignore.. a problem that left him sick to his stomach.. fit to vomit the magma that burned in his very core..

The castle itself was huge.. towering to the very sky.. one of the old fortresses that the Great Ones used in days of old to rule over the sniveling lower races. Massive.. black.. made of obsidian.. towering thousands of feet into the sky so as to accommodate the original residents who all ranged from 100 to 300 feet tall.. 

The demon lord Chernyl.. sat upon one of the dozens of empty thrones that sat within the great cathedral room of the fortress of Guile.. 

The thrones encircled a great glowing orb that hovered over the blackened floor.. where Chernyl's brethren once sat with him to observe the sickening tiny beings that were like putrid ants that infested their beautiful world.. 

His skin was black.. charred like sizzling charcoal.. with interlocking burning plates on his shoulders and hips. His shape was like that of a human.. except his forearms were long.. with claws long enough that if he stood up straight, their tips would reach his clawed toes..  and his face was that of a terrible grimacing gargoyle with smoldering red eyes.. and long straight  horns and pointed ears.. 

On his back were massive leathery bat-like wings that burned with flames on their edges..  spreading with a massive diameter..

Chernyl's size made him rather high ranked among the ranks of the scattered Great Ones who roamed the planet, standing at around 330 feet tall when not counting his horns..  His blessed black flame magic also allowed him to set himself above many of the Great Ones whose territory overlapped with his.. 

But.. 

This particular god of flame, destroyer of civilizations, eater of man, had a bit of a pest problem.. 

In the seeing globe hovering before him, Chernyl could see it.. a village, a large one.. sitting smack dab in the middle of one of his territories.. a village of humans who had just finished their silly little ceremony of glades. 

They were vermin.. a pesky nest of ants that like to bite and chew and ruin the appearance of his back yard.. he had been meaning to get rid of them for a while.. but it had constantly slipped his mind.. Like a gardener having meaning to spray a wasp nest with some pesticide but never getting around to it..

"Ugh.. I should have taken care of it earlier.." grunted Chernyl, tapping a claw against one of his horns. "It's an absolute blemish on my territory.. at this rate the neighboring fortresses will be laughing at me.."

Chernyl stood up, his wings spreading wide as flames burned from his claws.. "Very well.. I will do away with it myself... and perhaps I should burn some sage afterwords.. to wipe out that disgusting stench of human blood.. heheheheheh..."

**********************

Marie stared at the building before her as she followed Sveniel along the large bustling path. 

Favorn Village, was a famous city for adventurers.. it was small.. in fact not much bigger than the large village town Avanvel, which Marie and Sveniel had left after their marriage..  but it was always bustling.. where the main offices of many of the different Adventurer Classes met to discuss business and train their successors.

The Main Church was in fact owned by the Paladins and Priests who practiced the worship of the Golden God Of The Three Martyrs. 

And the Market was run by the head of the overseer for the Merchant Class.