Chapter 6

The students had just returned to Hogwarts after the Christmas holidays and Sakura had chosen to hang out with Hagrid, a sleepover of sorts. Of course, Hagrid hadn't invited her, nor was he even aware of what was going on until Sakura appeared at his house, but that didn't matter to her.

It had just gotten dark when the sounds of footsteps followed by rapid knocking filled Sakura's ears. "Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today." Hagrid was quick to try and rid himself of the uninvited guests, not that Sakura was much better, but what they said through him off, "We know about the Philosopher's Stone." Hagrid opened his door once more to let the boys in, saying a quick "Oh." as he did.

When they first entered the shack, the trio didn't notice Sakura sat on the chair cuddling Fang whilst staring at the fire so they felt more than happy to be open. But the moment Sakura heard Snape's name being tainted, she spoke up, "Snape would never do something like that." the sound of her voice drew the attention of the trio who were startled to see the pink-haired girl. "What are you still doing here Sakura, I thought you were going back." Hagrid turned to look at the girl in question as he spoke. She frowned before snuggling her face into Fang's rolls of fat, "No." she said blankly.

Sakura continued to ignore their conversation, it wasn't her place to intrude. But the cracking of the shell drew her attention to the egg in the fire. She couldn't help but feel a sort of attachment to whatever was inside. Her eyes watched Hagrid with curiosity as he carried the egg to the table, oven gloves protecting his hands as he did so. The group gathered around the table in curiosity as they watched the egg begin to hatch. Suddenly, the shell burst open to reveal a small reptilian creature inside. Whilst she didn't care for most of the conversation she did zone in just in time to hear Ron explain what it was, "That's not just any dragon, that's a Norweigan Ridgeback. My brother Charlie works with these in Romania." Hagrid instantly began cooing at the small dragon, mumbling compliments in his happiness.

The man had just begun to tickle the dragon, addressing it as 'Norbet' when it sneezed a fireball into his beard, setting the hair alight. But this just caused Sakura to fall in love with the small dragon even more. "Awww. You're so cute!" she picked up the small dragon, completely ignoring the fact it had just set its 'mother' on fire and gave it a gentle hug as Hagrid tried to put out his beard. Only seconds later, Hagrid looked out the window, "Who's that?" all eyes turned to look at what had drawn Hagrid's attention only to just miss them. "Oh, it's that blonde, Slytherin boy. You know, the one selected just after Hermione." all eyes turned to Sakura who was still looking and cooing at Norbet who'd since begun chirping happily back at her. "How did you know?" Sakura gave him a cryptic smile before tapping her nose. "Oh dear." was all Hagrid could say before ushering the group out.

The following evening, Sakura and Hagrid found were put on supervising detention duty. They were keeping an eye on the four students who'd gotten caught the night before. The group had been shocked, to say the least, when they found Sakura with the same strange-looking slug they'd seen before, in her arms. Filch said something to the blonde boy, Sakura paid little attention, she was still mourning the loss of little Norbet, hence why she'd summoned Katsuyu. Sakura stared glumly at the ground when they stopped in the middle of the forest, only focusing in on the conversation when she heard who was on which team, "Ron, Hermione, you're with me and Harry, you'll go with Malfoy. Take Sakura here with you as well if you'd like." Draco and Harry looked hesitant at the pink-haired girl who was staring once more into space, "Fine, but I get Fang." Draco finally spoke up, looking directly at Hagrid. The man shrugged, he was pretty sure Sakura would be enough, she was probably going to be more useful than himself, "Fine. Just so you know, he's a bloody coward." the dog whimpered as if to emphasise Hagrid's point.

"Just wait until my father hears about this. This is servant's stuff." Draco said, his voice rather uptight and posh, "If I didn't know any better, Draco, I'd say you were scared." The voice of Harry mocking Draco reminded Sakura of Naruto and Sasuke. The thought of the pair caused her to tense up, shaking the memories away, she focused back on the conversation the boys were having. "Do you hear that?" Sakura tensed up herself at the sound of a distant howl.