Chapter 51

The small group stood in silence as their fellow students huddled around them, waiting for their next instruction. "Okay, there's something we need to find. Something is hidden here in the castle and it may help us to defeat you-know-who."

"Right, what is it?"

"We don't know."

"Where is it?"

"We don't know that either. I realise it's not much to go on."

"That's nothing to go on."

"I think it has something to do with Ravenclaw. Um, it'll be small, easily concealed. Anyone any ideas?" an awkward silence filled the hall as people tried to think of an answer.

"Well, there's Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem," Luna suggested.

"Bloody hell, here we go," Ron muttered under his breath.

"Lost diadem of Ravenclaw, hasn't anyone heard of it? It's quite famous."

"Yes, but Luna, its lost, for centuries now. There isn't a person alive today who's seen it."

"S'xcuse me, but can someone tell me what a bloody diadem is."

"It's a sort of crown, you know, like a tiara."

Suddenly the door to the hall swung open, and Ginny ran inside. The crowd parting to let her speak with Harry. "Harry." she began as Ron waved at his sister. "Hi there."

"Six months she hasn't seen me and it's like I'm Frankie first year," Ron mumbles to Hermione in annoyance as his younger sister continued to stare only at Harry. "I'm only her brother."

"She's got lot's of those though. Only one Harry."

"Shut up Seamus."

"What is it, Ginny?" Neville asked.

"Snape knows, he knows that Harry was spotted in Hogsmeade."  There was silence as everyone turned to look at Harry.

The group glanced at each other nervously. Sakura's signature pink hair suddenly began to fade into a dull brown colour as her clothes changed from her normal red shirt to the Hogwarts uniform. "We need to go to the Great Hall, Snape's called an assembly."

Sakura slipped in amongst the rest of the assorted students of Dumbledore's army. Her newly non-descript features allowing her to blend amongst them with ease as they left the hall.

There was silence in the hall as Snape strode between the students, heading straight to the dais where the teachers once sat. He turned on his heel before addressing the students.

"Many of you are surely wondering why I have summoned you at this hour. It's come to my attention, that earlier this evening, Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade." There was a murdering amongst the students, their faces remaining angeled at the floor as thoughts ran through their minds.

"Now," The students quickly fell silent once more as Snape continued, "should anyone, student or staff, attempt to aid Mr. Potter, they will be punished in a manner consistent with the severity of their transgression. Furthermore, any person found to have knowledge of these events, who fails to come forward, will be treated as equally guilty." He said slowly, before pausing for a brief moment to let his words sink in.

"Now then," he began again as he slowly descended from the dais to walk between the students. "If anyone here, has any knowledge of Mr Potter's movements this evening, I invite them to step forward. Now."

There was a brief moment of silence before Harry Potter himself stepped out from amongst the group of Gryffindors. "It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you still have a bit of a security problem headmaster." As he spoke, the doors at the back of the hall swung open as the Order of the Phoenix strode through, the group led by Kingsley Shacklebolt. 

"I'm afraid it's quite extensive. How dare you stand where he stood. Tell them how it happened that night. Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you and killed him. Tell them."

Snape suddenly drew his wand as Professor McGonagall pushed Harry out the way, drawing her own wand in preparation for a duel. The students exclaiming in surprise as they quickly backed away towards the walls.

McGonagall was first to attack, sending spell after spell as Snape deflected them, sending two rocketing at the people on either side of him before he wrapped himself in his cloak and fled. The crowd erupted in celebration at the Transfiguration professor's success, but the only thing on Sakura's mind was the fact that Snape had left himself alone by knocking out his only supporters.

The students, however, remained distracted in celebration of their liberation as Professor McGonagall lit up the scones on the walls, their flames illuminating the hall.

The flames suddenly died down again as the ceiling took the form of a menacing thunderstorm. A young girl sat pushed up against the wall, her hands covering her ears as she screamed. Another began screaming after the first stopped.

"I know that many of you want to fight. Some of you may even think that to fight is wise. But this is a folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this, and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have one hour." Voldemort's voice echoed through the hall, his serpentine hiss no louder than a whisper, and yet heard by everyone there.

All eyes turned to Harry as the students backed away slowly. "What are you waiting for?" A female voice cried from the Slytherin section, "Someone grab him," Pansy Parkinson instructed as she pointed at Harry.

Noone moved, however, except Ginny and Hermione as they stepped closer to protect Harry from anyone who may consider listening to her. Slowly, others gathered around Harry, creating a protective circle around him.

"STUDENT'S OUTTA BED! STUDENT'S OUTTA BED! STUDENTS IN THE CORRIDOR!" Filch shouted as he ran through the hall, his precious cat in his arms.

"They are supposed to be out of bed you blithering idiot." McGonagall scolded. 

"Oh." was the only response Filch could offer. "Sorry, Ma'am."

"And as it happens, Mr Filch, your arrival is most opportune. If you would, I would like you, please, to lead Miss Parkinson, and the rest of Slytherin House from the hall." McGonagall instructed, swishing her wand in the direction of the door for emphasis.

"Exactly where is it I'll be leading them to, Ma'am?"

"The dungeons would do."

---

Hey there! So I'm really sorry it has been so long since the last update, but I just don't know how I'm going to do the final battle, and also I'm a terrible procrastinator. Sorry again. I hope you enjoyed this one, and I'll try and get another update out soon.