19: Dinner

Omniscient
That same night

Niara and Kordell sat at the dinning table with the rest of the big family. Zuri and Marcus sat opposite from the them and had a wicked grin on their faces which didn't intimidate them at all.

"So Kordell are you gonna introduce us to this girl". Tera said putting an emphasis on "girl" she wasn't fond of Niara since Marcus had tried to spoil her name.

"This "girl" is my beautiful woman and her name is Niara Verano". Kordell smiled holding Niaras hand under the table.

"Kordell she's a gold digger I saw her trying to steal your black card at your house the day you invited her over and she claimed she went to the bathroom ". Zuri smirked she and Marcus had a plan to ruin there relationship but it wasn't going to work on the dynamic couple the love they cultivated in a short amount of time was too strong.

"Was that the same day that you were at your doctors appointment oh yea I remember doing that". Niara spoke up smirking one thing she never did was let someone ruin her name. She watched as Zuri's smile faded.

"So Niara how old are you". Laura asked. She was captivated by the fact Niara spoke up for herself.

"I'm 20 years old". Niara smiled placing her attention to Laura.

"Kordell she's still a baby she couldn't possibly have experience as Rina does...were is Rina it's been a while". Tera said causing Kordells mom, Dominque to groan. Kordells mom hated Rina and was getting quite fond of Niara. She was happy her son was moving on with a respectful young woman.

"Tera we do not talk about that girl please". Gina said too she also wasn't a fan of Rina but she had a good feeling about Niara.

"In fact I invited her over I'm sure she'll love to see you". Tera smiled. She loved Rina and was aware of her cheating but said Kordell should forgive her.

"Aunt Tera you shouldn't have done that it's disrespectful to Niara". Kordell said rubbing his hand over his face.

"The boy is right it wasn't your call Tera and she's already lost her chance you can't make decisions for him". Milo said backing him up.

"I heard you went to college together did you have to beg my nephew to pay your fees". Tera pushed but Niara wasn't let it get to her.

"No ma'm my parents covered that for me". Niara smiled causing Marcus to scoff. He was mad that their relationship was strong and real. And he wanted Niara back.

"Oh so you rely on your parents to pay your bills and when they can't what you gon do ask my brother to huh?" Marcus smirked making Kordell angry. The rest of the younger adults and kids just ate their food and chatted among themselves.

"That's enough". Kordell snapped feeling Niaras hand calm him down.

"Baby it's ok". She said lowly. "Well Marcus I have a job and my business degree so no need to rely on him and why don't you focus on your baby mamas you have two kids on the way". Niara knew all about his affairs she had caught him at the pharmacy with a pregnant woman talking about how their baby was healthy.

"Marcus what is she talking about". Zuri frowned.

"She doesn't know what she saying ignore her". He waved her off.

"Explain to your girl how you have a baby on the way with Jacklyn". Kordell said also knowing about the affair. Everyone's mouth hung open except Niaras and Kordells

" You not what's sad...that I believe them without a doubt". Zuri said getting up and walking away.

"Wait Zuri...YOU FUCKING BITCH SEE THATS WHY I KILLED YA DISEASED DAUGHTER CAUSE THE WORLD DONT NEED HER TO BE A SLUT LIKE YOU". Marcus spat those words at Niara and walked off. Niara had gone mute once again but this time she didn't hit him or cry she just thought I'd what he said was true.

"KILL who killed who". Tera asked what everyone was thinking.

"Doesn't matter we'll be leaving mom if you still want to stay over my place for a while then you can". Kordell sighed getting up with Niara as she was still mute.

"Yes but if you need space with your girl then feel free". His mom said getting her suit cases.

••••••••
"Are you sure you don't want to go to my house ". Kordell asked Niara when she had finally started speaking.

"Yes please I just need to be alone ". She sighed as she kissed his lips and got out of the car.

Niara took of her clothes then put them in the basket. Since she hadn't eaten she microwaved a hot pocket.

She sat on her couch with the blankets as she put it back to her show "green arrow".

She found herself crying about earlier she hoped she could take back that small mistake she'd made but it was the past.

Getting a big box of ice cream, she devoured it still crying but her baby girl was gone and sadly there was no bringing her back to life.