CHAPTER 10

"Blue Volt, where's Pirate?" Crackhead was seated on the table, connecting some wires.

"Scarface is out of prison, so he is out on a meeting with him," Blue Volt replied.

"Ah, Prison! Jail! Being behind the bars, my only dream!" Crackhead began daydreaming, "Why wasn't I ever sent to jail?"

"There he goes again," Blue Volt gave a long sigh. "You do remember what you did that one time when you went out for robbery, don't you?

Crackhead began snorting with laughter as he continued with his work.

"You went out to rob a house and when you found out that the place belonged to a police constable, you dragged him to the streets, shirtless, in middle of the night. Then you didn't let him go unless he handcuffed you. But, of course, he didn't have one because he was fricking asleep and when you saw his wife shouting, you chased her back to the house as you scared the daylights out of her. Then, you hoped on her back and pulled her hair until someone handcuffed you and when the officer who ran back was finally ready to handcuff you, you began to throw a tantrum that he should arrest you while wearing a police uniform. His wife did hurriedly bring the uniform but then you, idiot, ran off with both the handcuffs and the uniform on the streets to look for another police officer because the couple wasn't fast enough in their panicky state. Thanks to Pirate that he stopped you and yanked you back."

Crackhead started to laugh hysterically as he banged his head in the air. Then he suddenly turned serious, "Pirate! He is the one who doesn't let me achieve my dream, jerk!"

"You do realize you are a little off here, right?" Blue Volt pointed at his head.

Crackhead flashed a toothy smile.

~

"Where's he? You do know that is the only reason I came to meet you in the first place, don't you?"

Pirate pulled out his gun and kept it on the table.

"You have no danger from my side but you are starting to piss me off, lad," Pirate was calm but threatening, "When you know why I have kept him by my side-"

"Always! You have the same excuse for everything. Wasn't that also the reason for not helping me when I was in jail so that you could earn his trust, make him stay with your gang-"

"He is one of the best in the field and I gather only the finest of them all, even if they are a little difficult to handle," Pirate cleared his throat.

"I only need my loot. Whether it is gained through trust or betrayal is none of my concern."

Pirate stood up.

"But he is the reason I was in jail for five years!" Scarface shouted in agony.

"You are distressed right now, after all, you are fresh out of prison. Go home for now, celebrate, get back to business and come meet me when you are sensible enough to carry out a decent conversation," Pirate gave a small smile and walked towards him. Scarface avoided meeting his gaze in anger and frustration. Pirate stopped right beside him and gave him a pat on the shoulder.

"You can have him after the next big burglary."

And walked out of the restaurant.

~

Black Beast dropped another bag of loot on the table but a smaller one this time.

"Woah, you are very early today...and what is this? Just a little amount of cash?" inquired Blue Volt as he checked the bag, "This won't suffice for today."

"I bought the daily loot, didn't I. Then it doesn't matter if it's more or less, right?"

Pirate observed in silence from a corner as he smoked a cigarette. Black Beast gave him one glance and rushed out of the base before Blue Volt could argue any further. Black Beast had certainly realized that Mehek has been patiently waiting for him and her discouraged face every time he left, became unbearable for him. Even when he was busy gathering the daily loot, Black Beast didn't neglect Mehek's needs nor did he turn a blind eye to her feelings. He reached the balcony in a jiffy but he stopped before he could enter the living room. Mehek was talking to someone at the door.