CHAPTER 20

Few Hours Earlier.

The four men ran swiftly across the silent streets and jumped past the railway crossing which was known for being shut for a long time whenever a train was scheduled to arrive. Pirate had, beforehand, calculated the timings since this was the only way towards the store and out of it.

As they got closer, the gang members dispersed on the sight of the target, as planned. Blue Volt and Crackhead entered the area first while Black Beast was on standby in a nearby commercial complex and Pirate was on the lookout. Since the store had a very huge premise, it was taking longer for Blue Volt and Crackhead to reach near the building to start working on the security and the lock system.

They crouched down beside the huge bush fence and walked forward cautiously around the circumference. As they marched in sync, Blue Volt kept bumping into Crackhead who was tip-toeing ahead of him. Blue Volt nudged him to walk faster from behind but he stopped and looked back with a frown.

"I can't sweat any more than I already have, okay? I need to save water in my body!"

Blue Volt's lips twitched in irritation. "I swear, once we go back to the base, I am going to drown you myself," he retorted.

Crackhead face brightened upon the idea, he thought, was good but then his expression turned glum, "Hey, that's not fair because then you will be able to go to jail for murdering me. I claimed to go first. I had won the rock, paper and scissors with scissors, remember?"

"How can I forget, because you, freaking idiot, used an actual pair of scissors and try to cut my hand with it when I played paper!" Blue Volt gritted his teeth in a whisper.

Crackhead began laughing hysterically as he banged his head in the air and Blue Volt slapped his head from behind, "If not me, Pirate will definitely kill you. Look ahead."

~

Black Beast stayed hidden, waiting for a signal from Pirate to take over. His posture portrayed confidence but his face behind that black mask had lines of distress. It was taking longer for Blue Volt and Crackhead than usual because of the increase in security due to numerous failed attempts of burglaries at the store. Black Beast instincts were trying to pull him back harder as the time passed by.

"It's weird."

"Something...is not right"

Black Beast became uneasy as he heard a signal going off in the distance, indicating the arrival of a train at the crossing. The sound of chiming bells produced butterflies in his stomach and unknown anxiety crept inside him. Black Beast, first glanced at Blue Volt and Crackhead who were drugging the security guards and then he looked at Pirate who stared back in intuition.

The sound of blaring horns cut through the air as the train approached further. As he heard the gates closing down, Black Beast heart began pounding hard against his chest. He dropped his heavy tools.

"It's now or never."

Pirate's eyes went wide as he realized the situation.

The chemicals in the neurons sparked in reaction and Black Beast sprinted out of his hidden spot. Going around the huge store fence would have taken longer to reach the gates on time, so, he darted right across the open parking space in front of the store. Blue Volt's skeleton almost jumped out of his skin as he saw Black Beast running carelessly right in front of him.

Blue Volt was aghast, "NO, NO, NO...I HAVEN'T DISCONNECTED ALL THE CAMERAS YET!"

And Crackhead just went, "WOOHOO!!!"

While Blue Volt was going bonkers about the surveillance cameras, he didn't realize that he missed out someone. One guard, who was still conscious, activated the security system and everything went haywire as the alarms went off. Out of everyone, Crackhead was the most excited. He kneeled down with both of his hands raised, beaming with happiness as he waited for the police but his dreams are meant to be shattered as long as Pirate was around. Pirate was prepared for any kind of mishap though he did not expect a betrayal...or maybe he did. He could now hear the multiple sirens from the police jeeps. He motioned Blue Volt to commence the 'Plan C' and the situation turned chaotic as the gang hurried to escape.