CHAPTER 28

Picture: Blue Volt

"Before you go into action, Pirate wants you to do one more thing." Blue Volt informed.

"I am taking no orders from him. I don't owe him shit, you get that," Scarface scowled.

"Consider it. It's a small thing. It will only make the revenge sweeter." 

Thirteen Hours Ago.

"Trisha, will you stop emptying my fridge every time you come by?" Armaan yelled as he grabbed a carton of juice and began drinking directly from it.

Trisha, who lied on the couch, frowned in her sleep and turned her face to the other side to avoid him.

"And will you go to your home already? Sometimes, you stay here for days." Armaan said bitterly as he tied his shoelaces.

"It's not like anyone is waiting for me there..." Trisha muttered to herself, sleepily.

"I might be a friend but don't try to live off me. Pick some pockets, you useless woman," Armaan grimaced as he collected his keys and pulled on his backpack.

There was a sudden knock on the door. Armaan eyed his door suspiciously because of the unexpected visitor at an odd time of the day. He peeped through the peephole with his one hand on his bag at the back and was relieved upon seeing an unfamiliar face. Before he could fully open the door, the man at the door spoke very bluntly, "If you are Black Beast's brother then do you know who Pirate is?"

Armaan saw that the man was tall, well-built and had grey eyes. He quickly observed the green highlights and the scars on his eyebrow and concluded that he might be someone from his line of work.

"He is bhai's gang-"

"Do you know where his base is?"

"I found ou-"

"Good. He wants to meet you," saying this, Scarface turned around and walked away unamused.

Armaan remained at the doorway, trying to recall whether he had seen that man before or not. He thinks for a minute or two about Scarface and Pirate, and then he heads out at the break of dawn.

~

"Wow, this is such a shabby place for such a bigshot criminal. Things are not going to work like this under my rule," Armaan scoffed in mockery as he entered Pirate's hidden base. He kicked around some stuff to see if they would break under his weight.

"There's a reason you call me this bigshot criminal, lad," Pirate remained expressionlessly seated on a chair in the middle of the base by the center table as he sported a cigarette between his index and middle finger.

Armaan scoffed again as he walked to the other side of the room, observing the rooms and the equipment lying around.

"I have a task for you," Pirate stated.

"Woah, slow down," Armaan motioned with his hands, "Who are you to order me around? I work for nobody."

"This involves your brother."

"What about him?"

"Kill his lover."

Armaan raised an eyebrow, "Bhai has a girlfriend? He never mentioned that."

Just then Crackhead barged out from his room in a hurry followed by Blue Volt. He bounced towards Armaan in what looked like a clear state of desperation. He blinked at him a few times and Armaan blinked back. Then Crackhead slowly spread his palms out like a beggar in front of him and asked, "Do you happen to have a matchstick? These old people won't let me have any."