2

Changbin's POV

It was a few hours later when I felt a nudge in the back of my mind.

"I can't smell our mate." my wolf whined.

I sat up quickly, not even the slightest bit annoyed that my wolf had woken me up from my slumber.

"We should be able to smell him if he's within the pack boundaries." I sniffed the air and I almost couldn't breathe at the thought of my mate leaving without saying goodbye.

"He said he was going to lie down." my wolf nudged me towards the door.

I walked quickly to the common area and my eyes zeroed in on the couch. His scent was faintly surrounding that area but he was no where to be seen.

"So he laid down there... but where the hell did he go?" I growled out loud and jogged outside.

I couldn't smell him at all as the wind had blown his scent away. I felt betrayed and heart broken and my sadness was beginning to be replaced with anger.

"Do I not deserve a goodbye from my mate?" I said to no one in particular but a few people stared at me weirdly. I glared at them and moved further away from the pack house in hopes of catching a trail of his scent.

"Mate!" my wolf yelped as his scent suddenly grew stronger.

My heart beat quickened and I strode in the direction of his luscious smell. Did he come back for me?

My happiness quickly turned to confusion when I saw him with Minho and the others.

"Where the hell were you?" I almost shouted at Felix to hide the fact I cared about him.

"With m-my friends..." his previously happy expression turned to sadness and he cowered away from me slightly.

"Now's not the time Changbin, we smelt rogues while we were away and I need to talk to BamBam." Minho told me.

I ignored him and kept my eyes on my mate - my legs taking slow, deliberate steps forward.

"Where did you go with your friends?"

"I-I-"

"Move. Changbin."

My wolf whined and I had no choice but to do as Minho said. I hated that his words alone were enough to make my wolf submit to him. If it were up to me, I'd tell him to shut the fuck up.

We began walking back the way I came and I leaned closer to Felix.

"Why did you go without me?"

"I didn't think you would care." he huffed.

Ah, so his attitude was back.

"I don't, but it was quite rude of you to go somewhere without your mate."

Out of the corner of my eye I could see my pack mates staring at me with their mouths wide open.

"What the hell Changbin? You refused to acknowledge Felix as your mate in the first place." Hyunjin snapped.

I bristled as Hyunjin placed his hand on my mate's shoulder.

"Stay out of this Hyunjin and take your hand off my mate." I shook slightly as I refrained from attacking the future beta.

"No. I spent a few hours with Felix and I could already see how adorable he is. If you don't want him then someone else surely will."

My eyes flickered back and forth between Felix and Hyunjin. I died a little inside when I saw my mate smiling gratefully at Hyunjin. I wanted him to smile at me, not at anyone else.

"I don't see what your problem is with vampires, you're very closed minded." the other new vampire spoke up.

I felt something snap inside me and all my anger came rushing back. How dare he say that to me when he didn't know my past.

"Shut up." I spat and broke away from the group. I knew I'd do something I'd regret if I stayed with them, I needed to be alone.

I made sure they couldn't see me anymore before I slipped into the forest. I shifted into my wolf and began to run. I let my wolf take over as I retreated into the back of my mind and thought about what my parents had told me.

My mother had been rejected by her mate because he didn't believe it was possible for vampires and werewolves to have healthy families together. My mother suffered so much pain because of him and hearing about what happened to her makes me hate vampires too.

They can't feel the bond as strongly as we do, they think they have a choice to accept or reject us. They're selfish creatures who only think about themselves.

A sob racked my wolf's body and in my distraction my paw got stuck on a root. I hit the ground with a loud grunt but I didn't bother to move from the dirty forest floor.

My nose twitched as a mosquito buzzed in my ear and then landed on my nose. I watched it for a few seconds before snapping my jaws, making it fly away. Mosquitoes are selfish too - taking blood whenever they please without asking their chosen donor.

"At least we know now that he's staying."

I took in a deep breath and let the air out slowly. I guess my wolf was right - I still had time to learn more about my mate.

Suddenly I remembered something and raised my head.

"Felix was with those enemy vampires... how can I be so stupid? How can Minho be so stupid?! He's dangerous!"

"Minho must have accepted him for a reason."

I stood up and began to run in the direction of his office.

"Are you free right now?" I mind linked him.

"Kinda busy, what do you need?"

"I need to talk to you about my mate and the other vampires. Something fishy is going on."

"Changbin I know about your mother but I assure you these vampires are not like your mother's true mate."

"I'm talking about the fact they're from the enemy clan. Do you even know where Jisung is from?"

It was silent for a few seconds and I shifted into human form as I reached the building.

"Come on in." Minho said tiredly. "I'll explain everything."