10

Changbin's POV

"See you later baby." Felix's lips briefly touched my forehead before he ran from our room.

I sighed and stared up at the ceiling while I wondered what on Earth Felix could be doing without me.

He had been acting secretive these past few weeks and it was making both my wolf and I very anxious.

"Minho can I speak to you?" I mind linked my best friend in hopes he would be able to ease my worries a little.

"Of course, Jisung and I are in my office. Come on over."

I jumped out of bed and made my way straight over to Minho's office without bothering to check my reflection.

"Come in." Minho called out as soon as I knocked on the door.

"You look like you've walked through a storm." Jisung commented with a smirk.

I glared at him. "My appearance is probably a reflection of my mental state right now."

Minho tapped his pen on his desk. "Something bothering you?"

"Yeah... something doesn't feel quite right with Felix." I said quietly. "He's been disappearing as soon as he wakes up and comes back at night."

A flicker of understanding crossed Minho's face. "Have you talked to him?"

"I tried to but he told me I'll find out soon enough."

"Do you think he's doing something you won't like?"

I bit my lip. "He comes back smelling of other wolves and it's freaking me the hell out."

"Felix would never cheat on you." Jisung piped up.

I glanced at him. "How do you know that?"

"I just know my best friend." he said matter-of-factly.

"For all I know you could be covering for him." I grit my teeth.

"Jisung's right." I turned my attention back to Minho who had moved to the window where he was looking out across the grounds. "Felix would never intentionally hurt you."

"What are you basing your judgements on?"

Minho ignored my question. "Do you remember before you met your mate you said to Jisung that he would never be able to have my children?"

"What's that got to do with anything." I was becoming increasingly impatient.

"News travels." Jisung joined Minho next to the window.

I stared at their backs. "But how is that relevant to Felix and I?"

"Don't you want children Changbin?" Minho turned around.

"Well yes but then I met Felix-"

"Ever thought of adoption?" Jisung's words swirled around in my head and I continued to stare at them in confusion.

"You aren't making any sen-"

"Binnie." Felix's soft voice made me turn around and I was faced with my mate with a child in his arms.

"L-Lix?" I couldn't take my eyes off the adorable boy that was clinging to Felix's neck.

"I know you want children but unfortunately I can't give birth so I thought of the next best thing." his expression was uncertain as he searched my face for signs of emotion.

"Lixie I-" I took a step forward slowly. "Is... is he ours?"

A relieved smile spread across Felix's face. "He's ours baby."

I gently took the boy into my arms and hugged him to my chest. "Thank you."

"I'm sorry for making you worried." he reached out to cup my face. "I just wanted to make you happy."

"I'm unbelievably happy right now." I struggled to hold back tears as the boy in my arms mirrored Felix's actions and placed his small hand on my other cheek.

"Dada." he smiled.

I looked at Felix in shock. "He knows I'm his dad?"

"I spent all these weeks showing him photos of you and telling him that you're his father. He knows that we're his parents."

"Wow." I breathed out, feeling immensely guilty that I had doubted Felix for even a second.

"His birth parents were a vampire and a werewolf too."

"Were?" I caught onto the past tense.

"They both died not long ago - I'm lucky to have found him and adopted him before someone else."

I nodded in understanding. "Has he got a name?"

"Tae Joon."

"Tae Joonie." I muttered softly and our son giggled before reaching back for Felix.

I handed him back to Felix before looking at Minho and Jisung who were watching us silently.

I blushed. "Sorry for bothering you both with my thoughts, I guess you guys knew all along?"

Minho nodded. "Felix asked us first what we thought of the idea and we both agreed that it would bring you two closer together."

"I'm sorry for not trusting you Felix." I slid my arm around his waist. "You really are the best mate I could ever ask for."

He pecked my lips. "Don't apologise. I knew what I was doing looked suspicious but I was hoping to get things sorted as soon as possible so that you'd understand why I was disappearing everyday."

"Mhm... I love you so much." I restrained myself from full out kissing Felix in front of our child.

"Dada! Hungwy." Tae Joon frowned as he looked back and forth between Felix and I.

We both laughed gently at his cuteness.

"Guess we should go to the dining hall and get something to eat. I haven't even eaten breakfast yet." I took Felix's hand and led him to the door.

"Thank you." I turned back to look at Minho and Jisung before a grin spread across my face. "I'm the luckiest wolf alive."

A/N: sorry it's been so long since I updated last, I'm still crashing on the weekends as I do overtime at work almost everyday :<