8

Changbin's POV

I scooped out a spoonful of soup and hovered it in front of Felix's lips. I watched as he blew gently before taking the hot liquid into his mouth.

"Ouch." he hissed out after swallowing the soup. "I think I burnt my tongue."

I tutted softly and took another spoonful before blowing on it myself. Once I was satisfied about it being cool enough I held it out for him and he gulped it down gratefully.

"Thanks Binnie." he smiled after taking the last mouthful of soup.

"Anything for you." I kissed his forehead and placed the bowl to the side. "Minho told me he's coming over with the others in a few."

"Do I look okay?" his smile dropped and he ran his fingers through his hair.

I scanned his upper half that was visible out of the covers and nodded. "You look fine baby."

He sighed. "I hate being the centre of attention. Can't you tell them that I'm fine? They don't need to worry about me and visit."

"They're your friends, of course they're worried."

"I guess." he looked down and bit his lip. "Do you remember before all of this happened I had something to tell you?"

"I remember, you said something about not knowing if I was ready?"

"Yeah." his cheeks reddened slightly. 

I cocked my head to the side as I tried to decipher his expression. "What are you trying to say baby?"

He opened and closed his mouth several times before finally looking back up at me. "I-I want you to mark me."

I almost choked on my breath as I stared back at him. "A-are you sure?"

"Ye-"

He was interrupted by a knock on the door and I let out an exaggerated sigh before going over to let everyone in.

"Lix!" Jisung was the first to greet Felix as they crowded around him.

"Hi guys." Felix replied weakly and sent me a look saying we weren't finished discussing the thing we were talking about before we were interrupted.

My wolf was going crazy inside my mind and was yelling at how happy he was that Felix wanted us to mark him.

"Finally we get to talk to our mate through the mind link!"

"I know." I suppressed a smile at his enthusiasm. "And we will be able to feel everything he is feeling."

"I didn't think he would want to do it so soon, especially after this mess."

I glanced over to Felix who was talking excitedly to Minho and I briefly heard the word blood before going back into my mind.

"I'm glad he does though... I think I love him."

"I honestly thought I was going to die." Felix's mood dropped. "I felt a wolf's teeth clamp onto my waist and he ripped out a chunk of my flesh. The way he did it felt so vicious, I'm kinda scared to leave this room in case I get hurt again."

I pushed myself through the group and sat next to him. "I won't let anyone hurt you. I will confront anyone who tries to threaten you."

I glanced up in confusion as there was a knock on the door. I was about to ask who that could be when Minho stood and put a finger up to his lips.

Minho shut the door behind him and there was a tense silence that followed as the vampires appeared to be eavesdropping on their conversation. 

"What the heck?!" I flinched as Chan whispered loudly. "He's not making any sense, why would someone want to hurt you?"