Chapter 3

The person in front of the door knocked again and again but it seemed like everyone in the house was still asleep, that soon changed when the front door was opened with a loud crash. The badit group was shocked to their very core when they saw who so rudely awakened them. Noticing that the bandits were distracted, Ace took this as his opportunity to sneak quietly out of one of the windows and run into the forest.

Dadan and Garp were now talking and Xavier could hear her shriek. He got a flashback from when he first met Ace and figured his gramps was there to yet again drop off a kid. The 14 year old child just went back to sleep without giving a shit.

It was about to get dark when Xavier finally woke up. He was really exhausted from all the training he did the day before so he didn't really notice the change of atmosphere in the house at first but when he was fully awake he could clearly feel the tension in the air. Then he went into the main room and asked Dadan what had happened while he was asleep.

"Garp bought another kid and he's missing already." She said while taking a sip of her drink. "Oh ... gramps won't be happy about this." Xavier told her while getting himself something to eat and that meant he stealthily stole someone else's food. Dadan was now blabbering on about how much of a pain this new kid will be and that she didn't care if Luffy came back alive. 'So his name's Luffy, huh.' Xavier thought while happily chewing on his meat.

After the meal and his talk with Dadan the teen went back to sleep. Ace headed into the room before him not even looking at the older boy when he walked by, which suprised Xavier and got him thinking about what might have happened to put him in that kind of mood. But for now he just shrugged it of and decided to talk about it with Ace tomorrow.

When the next morning came, the 14 year old woke up and he noticed that Ace was gone again. "Where could that brat be?" He mumbled while eating some of the leftovers from last nights dinner. Minutes later he was ready to go out to train and hunt again. He went to his usual spot at a nearby cliff and began his daily routine.

An hour or so later the teenager heard some screams and decided to go and check it out. What he found was quite a surprise to him, it was a kid a few years younger than him sitting on the ground crying. He went up to him and sat next to the for now unfamiliar child. "Hey ... uhh  so what's wrong kid? Why are you crying?" He tried comforting the crying boy by petting his head. "I-I c-can't find t-the way b-back h-home!" The obviously younger kid stuttered out. "I can show you the way if you tell me where you live." Now the boy stopped crying and was looking at Xavier with big eyes, but then seemingly out of nowhere he started smiling.

"No I don't need your help I'll do it on my own and by the way my name is Luffy!" He said as he ran into a random direction while screaming something along the lines of becomming King of the Pirates. And as he ran into the distance something in Xavier's head clicked. "WAIT YOU'RE LUFFY?!" He shouted after him but the younger boy was long gone. He hadn't had an outburst like that in a long time, he's mostly calm and collected you could also call him lazy, but today wasn't the day to be lazy so he began to run after Luffy.

Xavier searched literally everywhere but wasn't able to find him and so the teenager figured he must have been eaten by some animal. He even accepted his fate of being killed by garp for letting Luffy die. It was getting late and Xavier decided to head back to the bandits house.

When he opened the door, he immediately noticed Ace sitting on the floor with a pissed off expression on his face so Xavier did the only reasonable thing that came to mind and decided to sit next to him and qestion him about it.

"So ... why are you in such a bad mood?" The older boy asked while sitting down and leaning his back against the wall. "Tch ... nothing!" Ace said annoyed while chewing on some meat. This behavior bugged Xavier and caused him to frown. "Ah ... really?!" He said while grabbing Ace's head and turning him to face him. Xavier looked at him with a close eyed smile and you could practically see how irritated he was just by looking at him.

The younger boy got really nervous and began sweating. He knew not to mess with Xavier and decided to tell him what's bothering him so that the situation wouldn't get any worse. "I'll tell you in our room." The two of them stood up and said they were going to sleep.

In their room they sat in front of each other. Xavier looked into Ace's eyes with a cold gaze. Talk!" Xavier said with crossed arms. "Ah well, I'm not sure if you knew this already, but yesterday Garp brought this kid named Luffy here and I don't really like him so when he followed me he kinda "fell" down a cliff". Ace said kind of nervous to the olders reaction.

Xavier sighed, he really didn't know what to say about that. "I met the kid this morning when I was training. Pretty sure he's dead now, but oh well can't do anything about it now but even so it's your problem and if he's dead I expect of you to take responsibility and tell gramps about it." Xavier said not caring about anything anymore and letting his lazy side show.

While waiting for an answer he could hear the light snoring of the narcoleptic child next to him. Facepalming he decided to go to sleep aswell.