Chapter 8

With a crash a door flew open, making the only person in the room jump and let out a not so manly shreek. „Yo, Ace. Been a long time huh?" „Who are you and how do you know my name?!" Ace gathered himself and was clearly confused on who the person, that scared the shit out of him, was supposed to be. „I'm hurt, you don't remember me, even though we're family." Trying to sound hurt Xavier grabbed at the part of his clothes were his heart should be, but his voice didn't fit his actions. It was stoic and never once changed its tone.

Ace intently examined at Xavier's handsome face and looked him up and down. Then in his head a switch was flipped and his eyes shot out of their sockets and his jaw hit the floor. „WHAAAAAAAA??!" was the only sound he could muster to make. Within seconds though his expression changed to a furious one, which was no surprise to Xavier since he did leave without a word making him probably think of the worst that could have happened to him. Lifting his fist and swiftly running up to Xavier, Ace hit him on the head with all his strength. „HOW COULD YOU??!" Lowering his head after he was hit Xavier quietly tried to calm Ace, but to no avail. „You Idiot! Don't you know how worried we were?!" After a few more shouts and accusations, which to be granted were true, Ace had finally calmed down a bit and stood in front of his older brother who was still standing in the doorframe. Letting a single tear roll down his cheek, Ace let out a final sign of relieve that his older brother wasn't dead just yet, though he would change that soon enough. Someone had to give him a punishment and if not Ace, who would? Certainly not Luffy, he was too happy go lucky to ever be mad at Xavier.

„I know a sorry could never atone for all the hurt i have caused you. I won't even deny it. But you have to hear my out because even if it seemed that I have left you quite heartlessly and broken our promise, I did have my reasons." Xavier was looking Ace directly into his eyes completely serious about the situation.

„I have always been fascinated with the sea ... I never voiced it to you directly but I was longing to go out and travel the ocean. It was calling me and the call got stronger and stronger as days and years went by ..." he said while looking down slightly, though a sparkle appears in his normally blank eyes. Ace stood in front of him with a shocked expression, then he gathered his thoughts ... „That still doesn't explain why you didn't talk to us about it!?" „I knew you wouldn't have let me go ... remember our Promis?"
„Don't think you're forgiven just yet!" Ace let out a huff before going in to hug his older brother. Xavier closed his armed around the now grown up Ace and looked down with a proud smile. „You've grown up so well.." It was but a wisper to himself but the one it was intended for gave those words a fond smile.

——————————————————
A/N
Hey hey if anybody is still reading this after I've literally disappeared good for you 'cause I'm planing on updating again, don't expect too much though since this is mostly for myself and I'm a little depresso.

I'm planing to read everything over once again since my English improved a lot while I was gone and I hope to present you, my dear reader, and myself with a quality fanfic.

Much love to you who are still here. <3