12. Louis

It's been a month and he hasn't left my side. My hair is gone and my skin is white as snow and yet he stays. He lets me wear his beanies and hoodies to cover myself, though he says I'm beautiful even in this condition.

I'm scared to tell him I'm getting worse. The doctors are trying, but there's little chance of them saving me now. The tumour is located on my brain stem and its inoperable.

He's sleeping next to me right now, tiny snores escaping his pink, full lips. My fingers are running through his wet hair from the shower he had earlier and when he wakes up I need to ask him to help me there. The cancer is affecting my ability to walk and I'm usually too weak to get anywhere far.

Sex is hard too. I'm tired all the time and I know Harry will never say anything, but it's taking a toll on him. I want to tell him to go home and find someone new, but I'm far too selfish for that. I love him and only him and I know he loves me, but I don't think he'll only ever love just me.

He stirs in his sleep and then lazily blinks up at me. His green eyes are foggy from sleep, but his lips still manage to pull up in his charming, sleepy smile.

"Hey, babe, you been up the whole time?" Harry yawns out and I nod and continue to play with his hair. He hums contently and nuzzles into me, his nose nudging my neck.

"As much as I love your private room, can we go out today? I have a surprise," Harry says with his cute, yet annoying smirk. I purse my lips, but give in because I'd like to see Harry happy today. I'd like to see him happy everyday.

He helps me to the shower and he helps me strip down, leaving lingering kisses across my exposed skin, but never taking it too far. He sits on the toilet seat as I shower because he's worried I may fall while cleaning my now disgustingly skinny body. He sings to me while I'm in the water and it brings a smile to my face. He's always had the magic of bringing me to smile.

I laugh when I step out and he wraps a big towel around me, swaying us back and forth and singing in my ear. He kisses my still wet neck and closes his eyes as we sway.

"I love you," I tell him, looking at the two of us in the foggy mirror. He looks like an angel and I look like a sick, ugly man.

"I love you more. Now c'mon and get dressed," Harry says as he pats my side. I let the towel drop and lean down to put on my clothes. Harry watches me carefully, making sure I don't collapse, but I can also feel his eyes lingering on me. I know if I wasn't sick this would turn to something more, but I am and so it won't.

"Where are we going?" I ask curiously.

"To dinner. I want to take you out on a date and the doctor said it's fine," Harry tells me. I just nod and we both brush our teeth and I fix his beanie on my head. I look terrible compared to my beautiful boyfriend, but that's life I suppose.

Harry doesn't seem to notice or care and proudly takes my hand and kisses my knuckles. I blush at his open affection and my nurse watches us with adoration. She's making my bed and her eyes meet mine.

"You have a good evening, Louis. I want you to smile more, it's good for the soul," she tells me. I manage to give her a small smile and nod my head.

"I'm sure I'll have fun. I always do with him," I tell her and I gently hip bump Harry. He chuckles and pulls me close, locking me in his arms.

"Tonight will be good," he tells her and he gives her a wink. She laughs knowingly and I watch the two in confusion. Harry just kisses my hallow cheek and leads me to the door.

The dinner is fancy, as to be expected. Harris family has a lot of money and everything with him is fancy. I'm actually surprised his father hasn't made him go back for school yet.

"Is this okay?" Harry frets across the table. I take a small bite of my chicken, not being able to eat too much and nod. Harrys always been one to worry about dates.

"This is perfect, love. I just like being out with you," I admit and Harry's smile is the most beautiful in the world.

"Good, because I have a question for you," he tells me. I roll my eyes and look at him expectantly. What I don't expect is for him to sink down to one knee and pull a small box from his pocket.

"Louis Tomlinson, I know you're sick and I know this is crazy because we're young, but I love you. I love you more than anyone in the entire universe and I'd be honoured if you'd be my husband," Harry proposes. I choke on tears and all I can think is that I don't have much longer. I'm going to die and yet I can't say no to this wonderful, beautiful boy. I nod my head as tears fall down my cheeks and Harry beams and slips the small golden ring on my finger. He places a sweet kiss over it and then leans up to kiss me.

"Forever," Harry murmurs and I cry even more and nod.