13. Harry

Everything needs to be perfect.

I'm not an idiot and I know Louis isn't going to live to become old with me and I know our dreams are soon going to fade away, but I don't care. I want him to be my husband before he dies. I want him to wear an expensive suit and walk down the aisle and I want to promise him forever, because he is my forever.

My father calls me all the time reminding me of school, but he never tells me to come home. He knows how much Louis means to me, knows how badly I want to make his last days on earth happy and memorable, so he'll call and mention school, but then he asks about him. I cry usually and my dad tries to cheer me up, but it's so hard watching the person you love more than yourself slowly die in front of you.

My father is the one that sent me money for the engagement ring. He's sent me money for the wedding and he keeps reminding me he'll be here when the day comes. I don't think I deserve a father as great as him.

I walk back into Louis' room after my daily call and Louis smiles at me and at least that's the same. His smile is still bright and loving and it still makes me feel like fireworks are going off in my body. I smile back at him and crawl into his bed and kiss his bald head.

"Hi, cutie. How're you?" I ask him, my lips brushing the side of his head and my eyes closed. He still smells like himself, still makes me feel tingly and loved. Nothings changed, yet everything has.

"I'm good. Really good. I found the perfect tux today," Louis beams and I just reflect his smile and kiss him sloppily making Louis giggle.

"Next month. Are you nervous?" I ask for the billionth time because I'm scared Louis may back out. May decide marrying me isn't something on his bucket list.

"Of course, but I'm also excited. You're going to be my husband. All mine," Louis whispers.

"I'm already yours, Mr. Tomlinson-Styles," I grin as I kiss him again. Louis hums against my mouth and pulls away slightly.

"I've been thinking about the last name... Long isn't it? I was thinking of maybe just being Mr. Styles... If you'd like that?" Louis bites his lip anxiously and I want to jump out of the bed and sing every love song, but instead I kiss Louis again and it's full of so much love.

"I'd love that. I'd really love that," I murmur and then I'm kissing him fully again and I can feel Louis' smile against my lips and then I'm taking off my clothes and I'm being gentle and Louis is so soft under me. I taste every part of him and mark him as my own as Louis marks my collarbones in return and he nips at my shoulders as I start to open him up.

Louis is too weak to even think about topping now, but that's okay. I make sure it's slow and loving and careful. Make sure Louis loves every thrust and kiss and moan. Even though Louis is sick, he's still the best I've ever had in bed. He's responsive and he makes sure I get the attention I need. It's loving and patient and I forget about the hospital and the whole situation.

It's just Louis and Harry.

The way it should always be.