Chapter 3

New York...

Calico....

After reading that letter,I ain't stay at the club too much longer. Ty said he had that shit under control so I made my way to Jersey and and while I was driving,I tried putting pieces togetha' but honestly,a nigga couldn't put shit togetha'. Whoeva' sent that letter need to reveal themselves now cuz' ion like surprises. I felt like I was in one of them mysterious ass movies,and them shits always end with a bad ending.

"Daddy?" I heard Kai's voice echo through the halls.

"I'm in hea' Kai Kai." I called out,as I stood up from the bed.

My daughter was now four years old, and I got full custody of her since her mother wanna be on some clown shit. Since I ain't wanna be with her money hungry ass anymore,she started doing stupid shit to get my attention,but that only lead to the courts givin' me full custody of Kai'. I had to block my baby moms number out my phone cuz she kept calling me,textin' me ,blowing me up on my social media -and shit, and Lourdes began to think we had something going on again,but we didn't.

We made an agreement that she only get to see Kai once A week,and if she over stepped that boundary,her ass was gon' get into some deep shit.

The door opened,and revealed my daughter peeking her head in to see what I was doing.

I chuckled before walking towards her and picking her up. "Why you peekin' your head in like that for?"

"I dunno', I just wanted to check on you."

"You wanted to check on me?"

"Uhuh" she nodded, "Lourdes said come eat breakfast."

"Okay,Tell her I'll be down in a second let daddy go brush his teeth aight?"

"Okay."

I kissed her cheek before putting her down,and chuckled as she dashed out the room.

My daughta' is my best friend. The only person that keeps me sane through anything that goes on,and she's my motivation. I put my mind so much to this money and organization just so that I could have my daughta' set. And with the help of Meech,we were doin' just fine.

I made my way into the bathroom,doin' my regular hygiene shit,before washing my face. Letting the warm rag sit on my face for a little bit,I felt relaxed.

Hearing my phone ring from the bed room,I sighed before placing my wash cloth on the rack and made my way back into the room.

Meecho's name sat on my screen,and I picked up.

"Yo Ciggggg" I answered.

"Wass crackin' Cuhz,a nigga miss you"

"I miss you too bro,how's the Cali life?"

"Shit aight so far from what I seen...ain't really do much yet but today we heading out to some shopping mall and shit,see what dats about ."

"Oh aight aight,you met with anybody yet,hows my cousin and the family?"

"They good,trynna get used to this shit y' know? And Yea,this blood nigga..his name Smoove."

"Smoove?" I thought for a second, "ohhh I heard about him before, from the stories I heard he ain't a bad nigga..just make dumb decisions"