chapter six

When Liam walked into his best mate's flat, he surely didn't expect to see this on a Sunday morning.

" Just put the syrup down!" Harry pleaded, egg still stuck in his hair, and Niall was shielding himself with a frying pan. 

Zain had climbed up onto the counter, open syrup bottle pointed at Harry and Niall.

" What in the queen's name is going?" Liam asked, placing the libary books he checked out on the other end of the counter. 

Zain now squirted the syrup, hitting Harry right on his left cheek, which caused Niall to erupt with laughter. Making the boy on the counter smile a bit.

" Zain, please get down." Niall asked, reminding him of the first and last time he baby sat his old highschool's girlfriend's brother. Niall shut his eyes for a moment, and counted to ten slowly and surely. Harry was too distracted, but Liam noticed already use to Niall's warning signs.

" Sit for a moment ." Liam orderd and directed Niall towards the outside porch

None of the three were in the downstairs of the small two story flat. But screaming and crying could be heard from upstairs.

Niall jogged up the stairs, hearing running water, and arguing, crying and well something shattering, again for the second time this morning. And Niall prayed this time it wasn't his favorite coffee mug, instead one of Louis' things.

" I'm sorry, just calm down, please." Harry pleaded, Niall walked in to find Zain without the shirt he had previously worn, instead he had wedge himself between the tub and toilet. Tears on his face , and he had a small cut on his palm, having thrown one of Louis' scented candles.  Zain was breathing rapidly, his face stone cold.

" Louis is going to kill him." Liam commented, but Zain's eyes went wide and he pressed further away, letting out a whimper. 

" N-no.' He uttered , shaking his head furiously.  " No, no, no, no." He repeated, dropping his gaze to the  flloor, still uttering the single word he new.

Zain didn't' enjoy the showers he was given. Under a wide hole in the cieling, usually cold water , pressure so strong it left his skin bright red.  Dried with a towel, if he resisted he was put into the isolation room, or just left shivering for hours, even for days.

When Harry removed his shirt, it triggered his usual response when it came to his showers. Fight back.

He had bumped against the shelves near  the shower.  Dropping something , startling him, being taught when he dropped something, to urgently pick it up and put it back.  He did as taught only to be hurt, unsure why the people he was forced to trust, lied to him. Sending him into a panic.

Harry backed away , and Niall sent both of them glares.

" Hey, you can talk, that's good. Hey look at me, you're okay. You're okay." Niall said quietly, remembering this is how his school teacher would say in high school went he suddenly set off. 

Zain looked up, frowning at why Niall was talking to him like that. 

" Did Harry hurt you?" Niall asked, but Harry made a sound of protest, but Niall hushed him. " It's okay, you can tell me, yeah."

Zain was unsure of what Niall meant, he always heard the phrase ' Don't hurt him, not too much anyway.' Zain didn't respond, only curled his arms around his chest.

" Harry we should step out." Liam suggested already getting the sense that Zain would open up without them both in the room. Harry hung his head low like a scolded puppy, following Liam out, but leaving the door open.

" Here, if you don't want a warm bath right now. It's okay."  Niall said, grabbing the shirt, and giving it back . Zain grabbed it and still kept his head his down, and dressed himself . 

" You still want to eat breakfast?" Niall asked, seeing before the whole fiasco they didn't finish the eggs Harry had prepared.

Zain was utterly confused, so many years his diet very strict. His schedule made for every single minute, from his sleeping schedule , to his teaching schedule, everything. But the minute he was taken here everything was shaken up, and it scares Zain.

" No." Zain replied and sighed, he was hungry, but eggs wasn't what he should be eating on the seventh day. He should have been eating a quarter cup of fruit. One full glass of water, grain and dair within the form of plain yogurt. 

" Um okay, you should rest. You still are pretty banged up, if you want you can stay in Louis' room. Bet it's alot better than the couch, ey?"  Niall said , Zain tip toed around the glass.

Don't trust anyone that isn't us Zain. 

Zain nodded, looking around for the biggest windows he could find.

Tonight's the night he'll escape.

dun dun dun cliffhanger

to all new readers hi i'm athena

*peace sign* dueces doll faces