Balin - Family love

“Adaaaaaaaaaaaaad!”

Despite being weary from the tedious meeting, Balin immediately bent down to scoop up his son and lifted him into his arms. “Hello Frerin, my lad.” Balin chuckled.

The child giggled as his Adad gently bumped their foreheads together and then proceeded to tickle him.

“Frerin!”

At the exasperated cry, Frerin froze in Balin’s arms and turned to send a sheepish smile to you. Said hobbit was leaning heavily on a nearby column, flushed and slightly out of breath as if he had been running.

“Frerin, what have we said about running off?” You frowned, mopping his brow with a handkerchief from his pocket as he walked over to the pair.

“Not to,” The dwarfling replied quietly. “Sowwy, Papa. I jus’ wanted ta see Adad.”

The former burglar sighed as the piercing blue gaze of his son looked up at him woefully (Eyes that he had inherited from Balin and he tried to not glance at his husband - full knowing that damnable twinkle was surely being sent his way) and cupped the child’s cheek, “I know but please, at least tell me where you’re running off to, lad. For my poor heart’s sake.”

You tweaked Frerin’s nose after receiving a solemn nod and revelled in the cheerful smile that bloomed across his son’s face. The hobbit finally turned to greet his spouse when he stopped short. “Hel- darling, are you alright?”

Both You and Frerin stared at Balin with concern and increasing alarm as tears streaked down into the fluffy beard despite it’s owner smiling widely at the two.

“Adad?” The dwarfling cried, reaching out and patting the dwarrow’s face and kissing his cheeks reassuringly, “You sad?”

“I’m just happy.” Balin choked out, wiping his eyes with a brisk swipe of his hands, “To have you both.” More tears blurred his vision before familiar fingers soothingly took over the task of brushing away his tears before then drifting to card through his hair.

“My dear dwarf.” His hobbit murmured, right before he claimed his lips for a proper kiss....until impatient little hands patted the couple’s faces.

“I want a kiss too!”

Leaning back from his husband, You obliged the pouting child by pressing a kiss to his cheek. And then chuckled as the dwarfling giggled and squealed, trying to squirm away from Balin’s attempts to do the same.

“No! No beard kisses, Adad!”

“Aha!”

“Ewwwww!”

“Whatever seems to be the matter dear Frerin?”

“You and Amad! kissing! It’s icky!”

Chuckling warmly Balin pats his head and says in quiet reply.

"I'm glad you know that it won't stop any time soon."

---------------------------

WHAT? Two updates consecutively? Holy shit I can do that? lol In other words Expect quite a spam soon enough. I'm churning out prompts from tumblr headcannons as fast as I can type them. Should have another Aragorn and an Eomer by the end of the night!