IV

CABIN

CABIN

I stood in front of the mirror as I brushed through my hair. The brush I had been holding fell to the ground with a crash. I mumbled some expletives as I reached down to grab it. As I stood up and looked in the mirror to see a man in all black standing behind me. I gasped as he pushed me against the wall and held a sharp knife on my cheek. I tried to steady my breathing as he asked,
"Map?"

I raised my eyebrows as I asked,
"What map?"

"The map!" He said digging the knife into my cheek.

My eyes drifted to the map and his followed before he angrily said,
"The key?"

"Key? What key?" I asked in confusion as the door burst open.

The man turned me around and held the knife to my throat as I saw O'Connell standing my doorway.

"Arianna!" O'Connell yelled as he pointed his gun at the man holding me.

Suddenly O'Connell turned to a man in the window and shot him, I grabbed the candle next to me and shoved it in the mans eye. The man screamed as I elbowed him in the gut. I hurried forward to grab my bag full of weapons. I grabbed it in my hand as O'Connell grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room. My eyes widened, the map!

I tired to run back for the map but O'Connell grabbed me by the waist and pulled me along. We continued on and around a corner when bullets were fired at us. I pulled O'Connell back to avoid him getting hit. He looked down at his gun and began to quickly reload his gun. I noticed the gunshots getting closer to his head. I quickly pulled him towards me as a bullet landed where his head had just been. He looked at me with a surprised look. I pulled my pistol out of the bag as I looked at him and nodded.

The two of us made our way around the corner firing at the attackers. We eventually made our way to the edge of the boat. He looked at me and asked,
"Can you swim?"

My eyes widened as I said,
"When the occasion calls for it, yes!"

Suddenly O'Connell picked me up and threw me over the side of the boat as he yelled, "It calls for it!"

I swam to the top of the river as I gasped for air. I coughed some water up as I grabbed my bag and swam to the shore. I trudged up the shore and towards Jonathan, Evie, and the warden.

"Ari!" Evelyn yelled as I dropped my bag and she threw her arms around me.

I sighed as I wrapped my arms around her. I pulled away from her as I gave her a tired smile. I wrung out my nightgown as someone from the other side of the river yelled at us,
"O'Connell looks to me like I've got all the horses!"