V

HAMUNAPTRA DIG SIGHT

I wiped the sweat from my forehead as the boys were working on a crevice. O'Connell was currently tying a rope around a column so we could rappel down as Evelyn and I were working on getting the mirrors set up. Jonathan looked down in the crevice and somehow hit his ass on something, I laughed as he yelped and backed away. He had actually hit an Anubis statue.

"That thing gives me the creeps." Jonathan said as he came over to Evelyn and I.

"Be nice. That thing saved my life." O'Connell scolded as I laughed at the two of them.

Evelyn crossed her arms as she walked towards the statue,
"According to the Bembridge scholars, inside the statue of Anubis there is a secret compartment, perhaps containing the book of the dead."

"What are the mirrors for?" O'Connell asked us as I finished setting up one of them.

"Ancient Egyptian trick you'll see." I said as I cleaned part of it off with my hand.

"Ah." O'Connell said as he walked over to me.

I looked up at him as he pulled something out of his bag,
"this is for you."

I gave him a confused look as I carefully took it from his hands. He walked backwards as he said,
"Go ahead it's something I borrowed off our American brethren. I thought you might like it. You might need it for.... When you're..."

He made a chiseling motion with his hands, before he said to the Warden who was watching us,
"What are you looking at?"

I opened up the pack and I gasped. It was digging tools. They were hardly used as well. I bit my lip as I smiled at him as he rappelled down into the crevice. I folded up the pack as I ushered my siblings to come with me. I walked over and held the pack in my hands as I carefully followed what O'Connell had done.

I looked around in awe as I heard Evie and Jonathan coming down as well.

"Do you realize were in a room that no one has been in, in over 4,000 years." Evie said as I walked towards the mirror in the room.

I shifted it approximately 45 degrees as I stopped it and said,
"And then there was light."

The whole room was filled with light as all of the mirrors matched up. I heard the warden gasp as O'Connell said,
"That is a neat trick."

"Remind me Ari, how did you know how to do that?" Jonathan asked as I lowered myself off the ledge.

"Well, I have been studying Egyptian history for sixteen years, two years of college, a egyptology degree, and going on six expeditions in Thebes will get you." I said rolling my eyes as Evelyn laughed at they boys' dumbstruck expressions.