XI

ARIANNA ROOM-NIGHT

I sighed as I turned to Evie as she said,
"We must stop him from regenerating."

I looked at the Americans,
"Who opened the chest?"

Henderson cleared his throat,
"Well there was me and Daniels here, Burns, and that Egypt guy."

Rick crossed his arms across his chest,
"What about my buddy Beni?"

Daniel shook his head,
"He was the smart one got out of there before we opened it."

Rick dryly laughed,
"That's Beni."

Evil placed her hands on her hips,
"We've got to find the Egyptologist before the creature can get to him."

Rick sighed before looking at Evelyn and I,
"Okay, you both stay here."

He turned to the Americans,
"You two come with me."

I scoffed as I crossed my arms across my chest,
"I am perfectly capable of defending myself!"

All of us began to argue with him as Evie and I wanted to go and the Americans didn't.

I narrowed my eyes at Rick as I said,
"You can't leave me here like I'm some old carpet rag! Who put you in charge?"

Rick huffed before taking a step towards me and throwing me over his shoulder. I squealed as I smacked his back,
"What do you think you're doing!"

He walked into my room and threw me on the bed. I huffed as I pushed myself off the bed and rushed to run out of the room as he slammed my doors in my face. I groaned as I pounded on my door.

"Rick let me out of here! I can help!" I screamed as I gave the door one last slam.

I let out a breath as I leaned my head against the door. I groaned before going over to my dresser. I pulled out a black dress that would work for a nightgown. I slipped it on before I  trudged to my bed. I flopped down onto the bed as I pulled the covers over me. I let out a sigh as I fell asleep.

--------------------------------------- ---------

I looked around, ancient Thebes. I looked down at my clothes, only to see the same ones I was wearing in reality. I looked up only to find Imhotep staring at me with a smile.

"How much do you remember of your past life?" He asked in ancient Egyptian.

I glared at him,
"Not much, although I can feel her pain and hatred whenever I look at you. She cannot forgive you, you broke her down into tiny pieces of who she once was." I said.

He sighed,
"I cannot blame her for her actions, and  I cannot do anything to fix it. I only wanted to apologize in person before I use your sister to raise Anck-Su-namun."

I glared at him,
"Yet you choose to hurt her once more! She's happy where she is! The only thing she feels sorry for is for putting you through the Hom-Dai-"

He cut me off,
"I understand I betrayed her. I was her husband."

I placed my hands on my hips,
"I will defeat you. You think you can defeat us but that is nearly impossible."

I saw his eyes soften then grow cold again, "May the best warrior win."