III. THE DEMONS ARE ON THE OTHER SIDE

AND THEY SAID HELL-OH!

-

J I S O O

Something was off-kilter the moment Irene received the message from the Council, she had been frantic, began to overwork herself, and had been stricter with us. She put another wave of intensity in our training and lessons, she was rather straining Ella to master her abilities, and every two days we strengthen the protection spell we had over the estate.

There was familiarity in Irene's paranoia ridden days, my mother had exactly been like that a few weeks before she had her impending doom coming to her. I remembered, when I got the ability to see ghosts, hallowed ones, the good ones which protects people, poltergeists, even stronger demons that cannot be seen by the naked eye unless they reveal themselves to you, and what comes along with this clairvoyance is the sight.

I haven't mentioned this to Lisa, because I was afraid it is of something she couldn't understand yet. In fact it took me time to have disclosed this ability to Jennie and Rosé. Ella didn't know of this too, she's too young to comprehend this. I'm afraid that having them know about the sight would make them grow anxious about their future and began to pester me. It didn't work like that, I didn't want them to drive themselves into insanity.

Anyhow, every possible outcome of the present was laid upon me, usually the one that I see the most was most likely the one that was going to happen, of course I was given the choice to change it. That was my purpose, to oversee time and decide which future was best fit for the world I live in.

When I was around ten, upon having seen the possible future my mother and my aunt had, I tried to make sense of it, I thought that there must be an alternative, but there wasn't. There was no way I can change it because their death was set in stone. If someone was going to be taken by dear old friend, Death, Jennie would know and if she did then that was really going to happen.

If you want to know your possible nearing end, come to Jennie and I, we are open for services. We're more than psychics after all. Dial 1-9800-SEERS.

Jokes and humor aside, I was quite perturbed by Irene's distress that I meditated and tried to check her possible future, thankfully there were different visions given to me by the sight. To be certain, I asked Jennie if she could see Death coming for our mother superior.

Fortunately for us, we were not going to lose Irene. We already lost each of our mothers, and losing Irene, another mother figure of ours, was something we could not afford. We spoke to Rosé about our suspicions and she admitted that she tried to tap into Irene's emotions to completely understand what was going on with her.

Then the news about finally taking Lisa in came, and somewhat Irene's worry had increased. She was so stressed, she talked to me the night prior of Lisa's arrival, she expressed how she wished that she could split herself into two so she could be around, in order to be there to support Lisa and help her ease in, and also do her duty in helping the Council. Family over duty, she said. She decided to stay, but I didn't want her to have a bad reputation with the Council.

I met them once, their judgments last forever.

I told Irene that I was going to take responsibility over Lisa, I knew her case anyway. She had no idea that this realm exist, her powers were repressed by her father through a charmed bracelet, she's got pyrokinesis like her mother. She was around our age, hopefully, she'd trust us. I was going to pull it off, Irene made a promise to our mothers, and now that she's kind of our mom, I'm willing to do anything for her.