XIV. THE KIDS AREN'T ALL RIGHT

THEY ARE ALL SORTS OF WRONG.

-

J E N N I E

There was this sound, a gentle... snoring; then this warmth wrapped around me, it was rather comfortable.

I don't want to leave.

I don't want to get up.

I'll stay here forever.

Here in...wait, where was I?

My heart suddenly jumped to my throat, a constriction in my air ways had made it impossible for me to breathe, my eyes had flung open and I looked around.

I squinted and hissed, the sunlight was too harsh, the blinds had then properly covered the window by itself as I moved it with my mind alone, soon I took in my surroundings-

There went that cool feeling of relief on my tensed muscles.

Lisa.

Lisa. Her arms were wrapped around me, it tightened as she pulled me back closer to her.

It didn't really make sense to me, how I never really paid attention or interest to anyone, then suddenly I had seen her in anguish and I woke up, felt her pain, and I was tethered to her being.

I was quite hyper aware of Lisa. Whatever this was, it definitely surpassed infatuation, and it wasn't obsession either.

Something... it was really something more.

I can only sigh at my thoughts and feelings that were difficult to decipher.

The only certainty that I had that morning was that I liked being there, in her arms, pressed against her side.

She looked really deep in sleep, I was sure that even if I pepper her jawline with kisses she wouldn't be bothered, so I inched my face closer and the dark circles under her eyes screamed at me to notice them.

There was a crease between my brows as I intricately observed her face, my lower lip jutting out as I did.

Hadn't she slept?

I shouldn't bother her. So, as gingerly as I could, I put my leg over her own and nuzzled my face against the side of her chest.

Oof, wait, I shouldn't have done that.

I bit my lower lip and shut my eyes closed.

Why hadn't she slept?

There was one way to know, I interlaced my hand with her limp one and then I threaded through her veins, finding the anomaly within her. And I gasped as I felt something twist within me, it was similar to what I had felt when I had healed Rosie last night. It was faint though, fortunately, because I wouldn't know what to do with the guilt festering against my conscience if it was worst and Lisa hadn't bothered to tell me.

I breathed in to devoid my mind of thoughts, I focused on Lisa and mending the part of her that was torn. I needed her better, she deserved to rest, so I took her pain, even if it was searing hot and scathing. I heaved out a breath, and I feel her hold on my hand tightened.

"Jennie?" Her voice was croaky.

God, I woke her up.

I opened my eyes. She looked down at me, her doe eyes then had gotten wider than they usually were.

"Shh..." I shushed her, "Just relax," I instructed her and she did. She slumped against the bed and swallowed.

The way her adam's apple bobbed up then down wasn't really good for my health.