Jughead and Reggie Fanfiction (POV as Jughead)

"Juggie, how much can you eat?" Betty asks watching you eat a second burger in the school cafeteria during lunch.

"Never question a teenage boy's desire for food in a cafeteria. If there's food I eat" you respond with a full bite from your burger.

Betty laughs shaking her head with amusement at you, "Ok, you're really something Jug"

"Something awesome? Thank you Betty." You smirk cupping her chin with the palm of your hand.

Betty smiles sweetly at you and finishes up eating her salad when Archie and Veronica walk over to the table to join the two of you.

"Hello you two. What gossip have I missed during this mundane school day?" Veronica announces sitting down with her tray of food next to Archie.

"Well Reggie was a total jerk earlier in the Student lounge." Betty responds.

"What did he do?" Archie asks looking at Betty while pouring popcorn from his bag into his open mouth.

"It's not what he did, it's what he said. He said that the Dark Circle will begin their nightly patrols each night after school" Betty stares at you.

"Ok, Reggie is a jerk. Just let this club of his babysit him for the time being... No offense Archie" you say shifting your eyes to glance at Archie.

"I agree Jug. But it's where he said he wants to target... the Southside." Betty says staring at you eat.

You swallow your last bite and narrow your eyes at Archie, "Archie did you know about this? Your buddies are targeting a select group of people!"

"Jughead, I had no idea about this. I'll talk to Reggie later, talk him out of this idea." Archie sincerely consults you.

"Thank you." You respond nodding your head at Archie with a serious face.

"Ok, now that that fiasco is under the bridge, moving on to you Jughead" Veronica close smiles at you, "What gossip have you vacuumed up today?"

You just look up at her and eventually say, "Sorry Veronica, dead men tell no tales"

"So you got nothing?" Veronica asks unamused at your attempted humor to dodge a question.

"No. I haven't heard anything particularly gossipy today" you sarcastically smile at her.

Veronica huffs and continues to eat her lunch.

                                                                            —————-

You walk into your next class of the day; Health. You do your best to do blend in this class and not draw attention to yourself. This is not too particularly difficult being that you sit towards the back of the classroom.

You walk over to your usual desk, open to a new sheet of paper in your binder and stare blankly into space waiting for the teacher to enter the room. Unfortunately this moment of relaxation is interrupted by a thump on your desk startling you.

You look up to see Reggie with his goons surround your desk. "Hey there serpent!" Reggie sarcastically grins at you.

You look up at him not moving your head, take a deep breath, and roll your eyes.

"What? You suddenly don't speak? That's a surprise from all your wild opinions I hear you speak of" Reggie snarls back.

"What do you want Reggie?" You finally speak back in an annoyed tone.

"It's not that I want anything, from you that is. I just want to warn you to be careful" Reggie replies intensely.

You raise an eyebrow, "Excuse me?"

"You heard me" Reggie says raising his hands up and then walking away to sit down at his desk.

You walk over to Reggie, something you never thought you would do and plant both your hands on his desk.

He looks up startled, not expecting for you to pursue this and says, "May I help you?" in a sarcastic tone.

"What do you want from me and the Serpents, man? Honestly, just leave us alone" you reasonably support your case.

"Look man, I'm just protecting the good people of Riverdale." He responds inspecting his letterman jacket.

"The good people? Hmmm, so I'm guessing that includes everyone on the north side" you feel your face become warm.

"That's right, because they wouldn't commit the crimes we deal with that your people have caused" Reggie replies angrily standing up out of his seat.

You approach Reggie so that your faces are inches apart. "Just stay away from us and we'll do the same" you hiss.

Reggie looks like he is about to say something he shouldn't and stops when your health teacher walks in.

You walk back to your desk and go back to blending in with the class while you daydream about the meaning of Reggie's lame threats.