Flashback to the Good 'Ole Days (POV as Jughead)

Barely getting the much needed hours of sleep you so desperately need, you finally open your green eyes as the thin slits of sunshine seep into the down-down dark dungeons of the Twilight Drive Through's projection room. It was hardly any light, but just enough to interrupt your less than perfect few hours of sleep.

Sleeping and living down in the Drive-In wasn't the ideal situation. But with the way things paned out at home with dad and his drinking, what other option did you exactly have? Live in a dilapidated trailer with little to no food as you walk on egg shells around a drunk? Sadly no. But not so sadly, was the relationship you have with that drunk. Your father. You're doing this for him as much as you are for yourself. Sure your dad drinks too much, but you know he has it in him to bounce back. He can recover. He's had episodes before. Right? No time for second guessing, FP Jones is your bad ass father who will never take defeat as an option.

Groaning from tiredness and irritability from the cramped living conditions of living down in this makeshift home for the past few months, you stand up from your twin sized nothing of a bed, yawning as you reach for your beanie off the film reel laying on the table, knowing it was time to start the day. School was still an entity in your life and this was something you couldn't abandon despite the struggle it was to balance a nomadic lifestyle and the pressures of being a student.

"Another day..." you exhale from a breath after getting dressed into yesterday's clothes, not giving a second thought of people noticing. You don't care about that stuff. Those people can think whatever the hell they want. The fact of the matter is, you have clothes and you'll wear them. Especially your beanie. You've worn it so many times, it's even starting to collapse a bit with the stitching in a few places. Not like you can just ask mom to sew it back though. Nope. Where'd she go? Toledo. Where'd dad go? Who knows, somewhere to get lost in his thoughts with a little help from his cold friend. Where'd Jellybean g-

Jellybean. Looking at the picture of the two of you that caught your soon spiraling out of control thoughts, you freeze. Crap. JB. Dear god you miss that dork. The laughs you had, the relentless teasing, the protection. Looking at the picture of the two of you in front of this exact Drive-Through, couldn't help but give you the feels. Gosh you two were so freaking little. Smiling from ear to ear as though you hadn't had a care in the world. What makes you laugh is thinking about the events leading up to the moment that picture was taken.....
[IMG=J5D]
......  "How much longer Juggie?" JB asks you inside the physical close proximity you two have within the trunk of your dad's car. Sure it was cramped, but who cares. You were getting in to watch a movie for free! Already learning your appreciation for cinema at a young age, it was important to your little self that, like always, you and Jellybean weren't heard as your dad drives the car with mama up front inside the drive in. This movie and family time meant the world to you.

"Jellybean shhh!" You whisper shout to your little sister, "... you're not supposed to make a peep until we see light. Remember?"

"Of course I remember..." she giggles, "... but I still wanna know."

Silence. You're ignoring this twerp you so very much love. You ignore her as long as you can until the youngest Jones begins to speak up again and poke at your sides. "Tell me! Tell me! Tell meeeee-" She whines until you have no choice but to place your hand gently over her mouth, causing your little sister to playfully growl at you.

"Jellybean stop..." you whisper shout again, "... this isn't a game. You really need to be quiet, okay?"

Sighing to catch Jellybean give a head nod, you begin to pull your hand away, but not quick enough before you squint your green eyes as you sense sight of the large Twilight movie screen above, shivering from the cold nighttime air, knowing you should have listened to mama and worn an extra layer of shirts for your lanky self.