Jughead's Interview Fanfiction (POV as Jughead)

You feel your blood boil when you are greeted by an eviction notice on the door to your dad's trailer. You forcefully tear it off the door and barge inside.

Your dad is laying on the couch watching sports, looking like he doesn't have the slightest care at this direct threat to the Jones residence.

"What is THIS all about dad?" You raise your voice holding the eviction notice in your shaking hand, after slamming the door shut.

"Jug, when are you gonna learn to just take things as they come and know your place in this town?" Your dad responds monotone still watching the tv screen.

You huff, "What is that supposed to mean?" You furrow your brow at him, "Where is your fight dad? Don't you realize they're targeting us with this piece of paper?!" You move closer to him.

This does it for FP. He turns off the television and quickly stands up moving up to your face. You weren't expecting this kind of attention and involuntarily flinch back.

"Don't you think I already know that?" FP growls, "... Anyway, it's too late now! With our money and the serpents' combined we still fall short to save this place!" He pats the dingy trailer and walks over to the kitchen to pour himself some coffee.

You can't help but let out a sigh of relief. Thank goodness all he took was coffee. Nevertheless, you tentatively follow him into the kitchen and lean your back against the wall watching him, searching. Searching in your mind for any way to help make things right again.

You clear your throat and look thoughtfully at your dad who is already clenching a hard fist at the mug full of cold coffee from this morning. "D-Dad.... I could help with the money... start looking for a job."

FP snorts at you with a rough laugh. "A teenage boy's salary is not going to cut it son. Besides, after the drive-in closed, where could you see a kid like YOU working?"

You narrow your eyes down at him a bit hurt by his sarcastic comment. Like father like son, never holding back the truth especially when the truth hurts the most.

"A kid like ME" you shove it right back at him while adjusting your beanie, ".... will do just fine anywhere as long as the place is willing to pay me!"

FP shakes his head and walks to the sink to wash out his mug. "Good luck with that boy." While your dad knows how scrappy you can be with surviving on the little you two have, he also knows the stigma the Jones name carries in Riverdale. It won't be easy for you to dust yourself off, look your best, and get a job quick enough to make up the money to avoid the eviction from this cramp and dirty trailer you two call home.

——————

"Thank you Betty. This really means a lot to me" you smile at Betty while holding her hand as you two walk over to the Register.

"Of course Juggie! After convincing her that this money could possibly save you and your dad a lot of hardship, she eventually obliged."