Chapter Three- What Are Brothers For? Part two

"Hey, Billy," I heard faintly.

"Mmm," I groaned. I was still half-asleep, and my heart pounded, and my stomach was still killing me.

"How are you feeling?" I opened one eye and saw it was Freddie standing next to the bed with a grin on his face and already dressed in his clothes for the day. Classic super shirt and jeans.

"Better," I said, rolling over and sitting up.

"You look a little better, but you should probably stay home today," Freddie insisted.

I stood up, getting out of bed, and headed over to my dresser. "Can't we have that English test," I explained, grabbing a blue plaided shirt.

"You can take it when you get better," Freddie insisted concern rising in his voice.

"I feel fine, besides I can't miss days anymore," I explained, shrugging my shoulders. I did lie about feeling better, but I couldn't miss any more days I've already missed enough.

"But it's okay to miss a day for this. Victor and Rosa will understand. I promise," Freddie explained walking up next to me and looking right in my eyes. "You know that they would never hurt you. Right?" Freddie asked.

"Yeah, I know," I said quickly and surely. I wasn't worried that Victor or Rosa would hurt me, and I knew they wouldn't, but I was concerned about how they would react. I knew how that conversation would go it would be one big waste of time. Both Victor and Rosa would just assume I wanted to play hooky.

"Then what is it?" Freddie asked with a confused look on his face.

Luckily Rosa stuck her head in the room at that very moment. She gave both Freddie and me that warm smile she has perfected. "Good both are you up, Breakfast is on the table downstairs, and we're leaving in fifteen minutes," Rosa explained.

Freddie shot me a look as if he was asking, "Can I tell her?"

And I widened my eyes in response which said: "Don't."

Rosa noticed our exchange and grew worried, "Everything okay?"

"Yeah, will be down in a minute. Thanks, Rosa," Freddie said with his not so innocent face.

Rosa shot him a weird look but appeared to believe him. "Okay, just hurry up you don't want to be late," Rosa said one more time before she left the room.

I felt a strong wave of pain hit me, causing my vision to darken and make the world spin. I steadied myself on the dresser, waiting for my vertigo to pass over.

I heard Freddie sigh behind me, and I could imagine what his face looked like, " Trust me, Billy, they'll understand."

I didn't answer because of the pain, and I didn't want to because Freddie wasn't going to be able to change my mind. "I'll be fine, I promise, "I muttered still trying to catch my breath.

"Man, you are stubborn," Freddie complained.

"Can you save me some toast? I'll be down soon." I said to him once my vision came back.

"Yeah sure," Freddie said sighing before heading downstairs.

It's not that I didn't trust Victor and Rosa because I did, and I knew they would never hurt me. Freddie did scare me the first day I got here when he joked about Victor pushing him out the window, and I've been around big foster dad's and the anger that came with them, but when Victor yelled at me for fighting and ditching class, he didn't raise a hand once. So It's not that I don't trust them it's that they won't, believe me, they'll probably just think I'm playing hooky. And besides if I told them I was sick, they'd have to stay home from work anyway, and I wasn't going to make them do that for my sake.