What Are Brothers For? Part Three

Sorry for the wait been really busy moving to a new house and working, but I'm hoping to update more frequently. Enjoy!

When I came to, I heard a buzzing in my ears and saw a faint outline of a face. I felt whoever was in front of me, shaking me gently, "Billy? Hey Billy?"

It was from Freddie. I grumbled as my vision came back into focus, allowing a bright look at Freddie. "Fre..."

"Hey, man, how you doing?" Freddie said, sounding excitedly happy.

"I'm... not... fine," I said, slurring my words together.

"That's okay. You will be." I sat up and saw the rest of my surroundings. I wasn't in a place I recognized the walls had a faint tan color, and red accents lined the walls. They were some red-colored beds and plenty of cabinets over by a desk in the corner.

"Where... am I?" I quietly asked as the buzzing seemed to be dimming.

"You're in the nurse's office you fainted," Freddie explained.

"When did I..." I began to ask when the memory of what happened this morning came back to me. "Shit... the Bryers."

"Yep, they were pissed and wanted to pummel you into oblivion, but luckily Mr. Moran showed up," Freddie explained while breathing through his teeth. "He helped me get you here and brought the Bryers to the office, and they're in deep shit right about now." I smiled at that, but I still felt terrible for Freddie. I let him down.

"Sorry..." I said quietly.

Freddie looked taken aback and confused, "What are you saying sorry for?"

"For not being there for you I let the Bryers hurt you...again," I croaked out.

"Billy stop," Freddie said strictly," It's not your fault your sick."

"I know, but..." I began.

"But nothing. Your sick so stop worrying about me because I'm fine. I'm more worried about you," Freddie said, cutting me off.

"Okay," I said shortly smiling.

The Nurse was sitting at her desk and noticed that I was awake, so she came over. "Ah, you're awake, how are you feeling?"

"Awful," I muttered.

"Well you fainted, and your brother told me you've been throwing up since last night," She explained, pulling out a thermometer out of her coat. "Do you still feel faint?" She asked.

"Um..." I said, unsure of what she meant.

"Dizzy/lightheaded."

I did feel dizzy, and the world was lightly spinning. "Yes," I croaked out.

She nodded before adjusting the ear Thermometer, "I'm going to take your temperature now. Is that okay?"

I nodded signaling it was okay to proceed. She bent-over, causing me to stiffen not liking the close contact, but Freddie placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder, making me loosen. "102.7," The Nurse read from the Thermometer, "All you need is some rest and fluids, and you should be fine."

I looked over at Freddie, and he seemed to relax, but I knew I wasn't out of the woods yet. "So, I'll just call your parents, and they can pick you up so you can go home. All I'll need is your school ID." I panicked at the request I wasn't going to make Rosa and Victor leave work to take care of me. That wasn't fair to them.

"You don't have to call them. I'll just stay here till the end of the day," I insisted.

"I'd much rather call your parents. Is there a problem with calling them?" The Nurse asked.