New Lost Friend

January 2nd, 2020

Freddie and I were leaving my locker so we could go home for the day and Freddie was going over the training we planned on doing this weekend.

"So I was thinking we could do sparing on Saturday and then some flight exercises on Sunday, I still haven't reached my top speed," Freddie explained rambling.

"Sounds good," I said, pulling my bag out of my locker. I slung my bag over my shoulder and shut the locker.

"Cool, you put Darla's keychain on," Freddie said, looking at the bottom of my bag.

"Yeah, thanks for getting it by the way," I said as we started walking towards the exit.

"No problem I knew you would love it," Freddie said.

"Where'd you get it anyway?"

"At a flea market on that Saturday me, Darla and Rosa went shopping for Christmas presents," Freddie explained.

"Cool."

We had made it outside where most kids were heading home. We headed down to the spot everyone waited at so we could walk home together. I enjoyed walking home with everyone because after being alone for so long walking with my new found siblings was comforting after a long, dull day of school.

"Hi Big brother," Darla said, running up and hugging me.

"Hey Darla," I said, hugging her back.

"Did you have a good day?" She asked, releasing.

"Yeah," I said nodding.

"That's nice," Darla responded.

We began walking home when Freddie yanked me back, "Billy, look out!"

Freddie pulled me out of the way of a big Ford pickup. My heart was racing due to the sudden touch and the freight from almost being hit by the Truck.

Two guys hopped out of the Truck it was Brett and Burke I should have known.

"You okay Billy?" Mary asked, urgently.

"Yeah, thanks to Freddie," I said, catching my breath.

Brett and Burke made their way over to me looking extremely pissed. "Well isn't it Fawcett's favorite fake family, and of course their newest addition," Brett mocked gesturing towards me.

"Billy, right?" Brett asked.

I didn't answer I wasn't going to give in to Brett's antics that's what assholes like him craved.