World So Cold

I appreciate all the support but I would really love to hear what you guys think. So please leave a comment it can be any kind of comment I just want to hear from you guys

"Quiet down everyone please quiet down," Mrs. Patterson asked.

Mrs. Patterson is my music teacher, and right now, I'm stuck in her class. I don't hate music; I wouldn't say I love it, but I don't hate it either.

Once the whole class settled down, Mrs. Patterson spoke up, "Today we'll be doing something that I think all of you we'll be excited for. Today you'll all be learning how to play the guitar, and I invited a friend of mine to help teach you."

I then noticed a scruffy looking man standing in the front of the room. He had curly unkempt brown hair, a scruffy goatee, and relaxed blue eyes.

"Hello, everyone, I'm Bowie," The man said brightly. He was met with the usual awkward silence that high schoolers have perfected.

Bowie sheepishly smiled, "Well, okay... Has anyone ever played guitar?"

He was again met with crickets.

"Tough crowd," Bowie joked. I softly laughed at the joke but not loud enough where I would be called a teacher's pet.

Bowie quickly headed towards the whiteboard and began drawing a diagram. He drew guitar strings and labeled them with single letters. Next, he drew short lines through the strings telling us the short lines were called pegs. I was paying close attention, but I doubt anyone else was. Who knows if we would need this on a test our teacher loved pulling that Pop quiz shit.

When he finished with his diagram, he grabbed an acoustic guitar out of a case and sat on a stool ready to play. Next, he played the two cords he explained earlier, making sure to tell us what cords he was playing as he went.

Afterward, we were all handed guitars and guitar picks. Bowie then started playing while we tried to mimic him, and for the most part, everyone had a hard time. I found it to be pretty easy and a lot of fun. I was so lost in the joy of playing that I didn't notice Bowie hovering over me.

When I noticed him, I suddenly stopped playing and glanced at him before looking down while blushing.

"Sorry, didn't see you there," I muttered.

"No problem, man, but can you do me a favor and, play the last two cords that I showed you?" He asked, brightly.

I nodded and awkwardly smiled before playing the two cords.
Bowie gave me a huge smile and looked as if he might burst. "Okay, I thought I heard you from up there, and I was right. Is this your first time?" Bowie asked brimming with excitement.

"Um... yeah," I answered awkwardly.

"Really? Because I've never seen someone pick up chords this quick," He explained.

"Thanks," I said awkwardly. Bowie smiled before digging into his back pocket.

He pulled out his wallet and handed me a business card. "If you can, why don't you meet me at this address after school. I want to give you a more private lesson. You have a real talent here, and I want you to take full advantage of it."
"I doubt that," I thought, but going to a lesson sounded better than doing math homework.
"Okay, I'll just have to ask my foster parents," I told him with a slight smile.
"Cool, I'll see you then," Bowie said, smiling before walking away.

I read the card, and it said Bowie Grayson Guitar instructor and owner of Grayson Guitars. Below his title was an address.

359 Right Lane