Chapter 3

Shadow's P.O.V.
"Are we there yet?" Sonic groaned for the millionth time.

"Not yet!" I shouted at him, having enough of his impatience. "Now shut up before I-" I was cut off by Rouge punching my arm. "Hey! What your pr-" I got cut off when she covered my mouth.

"We're here. We're going to spend the night here since it's getting dark." She said sternly, but I just rolled my eyes and dropped my backpack then walked away. "I'm going to find some sticks..." I mumbled and walked away, still feeling Faker staring at me...

I walked a few miles away from them, wanting to avoid him as much as I could, I sighed quietly and took a deep breath, liking the peaceful aura that surrounded me, but of course someone annoyingly cute had to interrupt my thoughts.

"Ooh~ It's nice here." Sonic said as he looked around then looked at me with his cheering smile. "Do you mind if I help you?"

I sighed and shook my head then started picking up the sticks I found on the floor, not making a sound.

"So... Did you want me to be here?" Sonic broke the silence by asking a stupid question.

I just glared at him and started walking back to where Rouge and Omega were, still not wanting to look at him, knowing that my mind will start its work in irritating me.

"Aww~ Come on Shad. Talk to me." He dashed next to me and nudged my shoulder with his, making me tense up and quickly push him away.

"Don't touch me." I said coldly trying to not snap at him or hit him, but I guess that I did hit him since he flinched slightly and lowered his ears.

"Okay, okay. You don't have to bite..." He told me with an obviously fake smile. It was easy for me to see through it since I keep thinking about him and his smile, but I realized that he's never truly happy, his smile is always the same, not once has it been showing any real emotions other than happiness. But fake happiness.

I was lost in my thoughts once again, looking at Sonic with my emotionless expression, when I noticed that he was waving his hand in front of my face.

"Hello~ Anybody home?" He smirked slightly when I quickly looked in front of me.

"Shut it." I mumbled and dashed to where Rouge was at, threw the sticks down, and started making the fire.

Soon after Sonic threw the sticks he had gathered next to the fire, I glanced at him and saw that he was smiling at me, making the butterflies return.

I tried my hardest to not blush and focused on the fire when it was done, I looked around to see where Rouge was at.

I saw a tent next to the fire, but not too close to catch on fire, and heard someone struggle in it, then suddenly, the tent fell and the person inside groaned. "Aww, come on...!" It was Sonic.

I raised a brow and walked to it then helped him out. "Why are you making a tent.?" I asked confused.

"Rouge told me to, she said that I should sleep in one if I want to have a 'peaceful sleep'." He mumbled and threw the metal sticks he was holding from the tent. "This is difficult." He crossed his arms and pouted like a kid.

I rolled my eyes and started putting the tent back in his backpack. "Don't listen to her." I tossed him the sleeping bag that I never used after I was done. "It's only for one night, so this will do just fine for now." I didn't wait for him to thank me and chaos controlled on a branch of the tree that was closer to the fire.

"You're going to fall." The cutie chuckled and laid down after he got in the sleeping bag.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes playfully then slightly smiled, knowing that he couldn't see me. "I've been sleeping on the trees from the first mission. They're more comfortable than these things you're in right now." I started talking without noticing that he started climbing the tree.

"Oh really?" He chuckled and looked at me then smiled happily. "Are you smiling?"

I quickly put on my emotionless expression and looked at him. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Sonic hummed and smirked at me then got on the branch above from mine. "Okay then." He said in a sarcastic tone.

"You're seeing things. My face wasn't made for smiles." I said and rested back on the tree.

"I thought you said that you smiled when you were still on the Ark." He looked down at me smiling, his head was upside down making him look adorable... To me at least.

"Goodnight Faker." I said coldly and closed my eyes.

"Goodnight!" He said softly and stayed quiet after that, at least he knew when to shut it, I didn't want to start a fight again.

I fell asleep in a matter of seconds, not wanting to be tired the next day.

When I was sleeping, I felt something move and touch my chest, but I didn't give it much thought.