Chapter 15

Shadow's P.O.V.
I made myself some pasta as I waited, I was so nervous and worried, I really wanted Sonic to trust me, now that he knows, I could care less about keeping it a secret, but I if he doesn't believe me, everything will go to waste.

I kept staring at his phone as I waited for Sonic to text me. I felt like a girl that waited for their crush to text them back.

Shut up it's nothing like that.

My ears perked up when my phone went off and saw Sonic's name on the screen.

-

Sonic: You can come now.

-

I smiled softly without realizing and chaos controlled to the room Sonic was in.

"You took long to e-" I looked at Sonic and chuckled but I was cut off when he dashed to me and hugged me tightly.

I lightly blushed and slowly hugged back, still not used to it. "What's wrong?"

"I just read about what happened to Wave..." He said with a sad tone. "I feel awful."

I lowered my ears and hugged Sonic a little tighter. "Me too..." I mumbled and rested my head on his shoulder, making him purr.

"Does Rouge know about this...?" He hesitantly asked in the hug and I could see that he was blushing. Cute.

"She does. She left the office crying..." I sighed. "She didn't let me go with her..."

"I see..." He dropped his ears and let a tear roll down his cheek and land to my shoulder.

I pulled away from the hug and lowered my ears, concerned as I remembered about the previous day.

"Can you tell me why you were crying last night?" I wiped his tear and caressed his muzzle once. I lightly blushed when he leaned into my touch, his blush getting darker at our actions, I tried to stay calm.

"I... Can't stand it..." He started talking, not daring to look at me. "Everyone is counting on me, the pressure is too much some times. I've never felt protected or... Loved... Or..." He sighed and moved his face away from my hand. "I just want to give up. When I solve this problem with Wave. I'm taking a break..."

I dropped my ears at his words. I wanted to make him feel protected and loved. But with all those years of torture and training, the only thing I can do is fight.

"Sonic... I..." I tried to find the right words to describe what I was feeling. His expression didn't help, his eyes were watery and his bottom lip was twitching, clear that he was close to breaking down. "I'll help you." I sighed, I didn't want to say anything that I might regret later.

"Y-you will...?" He slightly smiled and wiped his tears away. "You'll do that for me?"

I smiled softly at what he said and nodded, hoping that this might calm him down.

I was right, it did calm him. He immediately hugged me tighter and sobbed on my shoulder. "Thank you..."

"You're welcome." I rubbed his back gently, remembering the days when Maria used to calm me down doing the exact same movements on my back. I looked at Sonic's back quills and hesitantly moved my hand higher.

It's not weird, right?

I'm just rubbing his back!

He won't think anything of it, right?

"Can we lay down? It's tiring like this." Sonic said with a yawn, he was purring quietly at what I was doing, which only made me want to purr.

"Sure." I pulled away from the hug, trying not to freak out. This is too fast for me.

Maybe Rouge was right. I do need advice.

Sonic walked to the bed and laid down with a long satisfied sigh. "I'm really tired lately."

"I've noticed." I sat down beside him, bot sure if I should lay down or not. "Have you been sleeping at all?"

"Only a few hours. I can't sleep when I'm stressed." He looked at me and smiled softly, his ears were lowered slightly and he still had a light blush across his muzzle.

Too cute.

Too cute!

"Should I leave then?" I asked with a small sheepish smile, I didn't know what else to do or say.

Sonic shook his head. "You can stay, the bed fits two people anyway." He grabbed my arm and gently pulled me down to lay down.

I was very uncomfortable at first, but when he wrapped his arms around me again, I was so peaceful and relaxed, I forgot about everything that was bothering me, I hugged him and pulled him a little closer without realizing my actions.

He rested his head on my chest, close to my chest fur, I didn't think much about it when he buried his face in it, making me blush and tense up.

"Sorry." Sonic looked up at me with his ears dropped and a dark blush. "I didn't know."

I looked down at him and lowered my ears to how cute he was like that then shook my head. "It's okay. I just didn't expect it."

"So... Can I...?" He smiled sheepishly and glanced at my chest then at me.

I quietly chuckled and slowly nodded. "You can."

Sonic smiled happily and rested his head on my chest fur then purred softly, but he wasn't falling asleep, he had his eyes slightly open.

I didn't know what to do without making it awkward, I have never done anything like this before. I don't want to ruin this.

"Relax."

I looked at Sonic a little confused. "What?"

"You're so tense. Just calm down. I won't do anything." He said calmly and smiled softly at me.

I lowered my ears and slowly nodded then tried to calm down. I took a deep breath, letting out a soft purr as I let it out.

I felt Sonic's grip getting tighter for a second then loosen. I looked down at Sonic to see him smiling and nuzzling my chest fur.

I smiled when I saw that he was calmer and happier. It was making me happier too.

I hope he can forgive me.