Chapter 10

Dedicated to BlueLeader-StH
(I wanted to do this on some other book, but since you like this so much, here you go❤️)

Sonic's P.O.V.
I kept trying to go away, I kicked, I punched, but the guards were strong enough to keep me in place as they took me to the dungeon.

My mom had left, she was in the urge of teas, I was sure. I know how much she cares for me and my siblings, but her ways of showing it gives us the wrong message.

"TAILS!" I shouted when we were close to the dungeon, hopefully, loud enough to get someone's attention.

"Sonic!?" My ear flickered when I heard Tails' voice and fast-paced steps coming towards me. "What's going on?"

"Call Rouge and tell her to meet me here." I said quickly as I refused to get in the dungeon. "It's urgent!"

"I don't get it! What did you tell Aleena?" Tails asked, clearly confused to why my mother would lock me in.

"Just bring Rouge here! I'll explain!" I glared lightly at Tails, telling him that this was serious. He slowly nodded and ran off to the gates, hopefully, to get Rouge.

When I saw that I have in and let the guards take me to the room I was going to be for the rest of my life.

Shadow's P.O.V.
I was walking to Rouge's house, trying my hardest to remember where I've seen the suit that Sonic was wearing earlier, but my mind was just reminding me how attractive he looked in it. And how big of a mistake I made in the mission. And that I must make it up to Rouge and Sonic.

I was walking at a very slow pace, thinking of what I'm going to tell Rouge. I was close to her house when I heard someone panting and running towards me. As an instinct, I chaos controlled on top of the nearby tree and waited to see who it was.

I was surprised to see Miles running to Rouge's house, he looked like he was in a hurry and was panicking. This set a red flag in my mind.

He was with Sonic a few minutes ago, so that means that he might be in danger.

I lowered my ears slightly and chaos controlled right next to Rouge's house then waited for Miles.

After a few long minutes, I finally saw him, he looked worried and confused, which was not a good sign.

He was panting heavily as he knocked on the door, his tails were dropped on the ground and sweat was running down his forehead. How long was he running?

"Tails? What are you doing here? What happened?" Rouge asked when she saw how tired Miles was.

"So... S-Sonic... Wants to... T-talk to... You..." Miles tried to calm down as he explained.

"Calm down Hun. What does he want to tell me?" Rouge gave him a water bottle and made him sit down.

"I... Don't know..." Miles said and slowly calmed down. "But we have to go now."

Rouge nodded and helped him get up then followed him to the forest.

I quietly followed them, being careful to not be seen or heard, my mind racing as I thought of what Sonic would want to tell her, or why would Miles be in such a hurry.

Was he in danger? Was it about me?

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Rouge gasp and moved a little closer to them, but still far enough so that they wouldn't see me. I saw a castle, then it hit me.

Sonic is the lost prince!

Now everything makes sense. Why he never talked about his family, how he keeps avoiding questions about the royal family, the suit he was wearing...

But if he's from the royal family and he's attracted to men...

He is in danger!

I bit my lip and waited for Rouge and Miles to get in the castle then chaos controlled inside and hid in the shadows, hoping that Rouge won't see me.

"I can't believe it..." I heard Rouge say in disbelief as she looked around. Luckily she didn't face my direction. "Why has he never told us?"

"He keeps it a secret to protect his family." Miles said and smiled sheepishly. " And for you not to think he's spoiled or anything like that."

"I would never think he's spoiled." Rouge mumbled and followed Miles to a door that lead downstairs.

My heard was pounding as I moved from shadow to shadow, knowing that if they find me, they'll send me back at the Ark, after they kill me.

When we were in a place that looked like a dungeon, I was a little calmer since everything was dark and had no cameras, so it was harder to get caught.

"Sonic!?" I tensed up when I heard Rouge shout and quickly yet quietly hurried to them. "What are you doing here!?"

"Hey, Rouge..." Sonic smiled sheepishly at her. He was in a room that had no windows, but it looked like a normal bedroom. "I need to talk to you..." He said in a low voice and looked at Miles. "Do you mind if I talk to her...? Alone...?"

He raised a brow and crossed his arms. "Why? What are you going to tell her? Actually, what did you tell to Aleena? She's never locked you in before."

"Yeah... About that... She has." Sonic laughed softly. "And I don't want you to be against me when I tell you." He lowered his ears.

"Now you're just making me more curious. I won't be against you, I'm your brother!" Miles tried to convince Sonic to him what I wanted to know.

"Fine... First of all... I'm gay..." He sighed and looked at Miles that had a shocked expression. "And I got caught by Shadow. And now he hates me."

I lowered my ears at that, he thought that I hated him...?

Of course he does, I insulted him for that, what else could he think?

"I-I... I d-didn't know..." Miles said, his eyes were still wide open.

"Now can I please talk to Rouge?" Sonic dropped his ears, probably worried about Miles insulting him as well.

Miles slowly nodded and left the room, surprisingly he didn't spot me as he walked past me.

"You didn't have to do this Blue..." Rouge said with a small smile. "But thank you so much for trying."

"You're welcome Rouge, everything for a friend." He said with a comforting smile. "But that's not what I wanted to talk about."

"What is it then?" Rouge asked and sat next to Sonic.

"It's... About Shadow..."