Chapter 25

Sonic's P.O.V.
"How is he?" I asked Tails immediately after he walked outside the room. He sighed and shook his head.

"He's traumatized. You're the only one he can remember, but he said he doesn't feel any emotions towards anyone except Maria." He said, making my heart shatter. "He wants to be alone and collect his thoughts."

I slowly nodded and dashed to the room I've been staying on and broke down.

He doesn't love me.

What's the point in living anymore?

I feel empty again...

Why does he care about Maria so much?! I thought he...

No! I'm not crying for a guy.

I'm the hero of Mobius.

I save lives every day.

I'm strong.

I can do this...

Fuck you Shadow.

I've cried enough for you.

You've had your chances.

You can go cry to Maria.

I couldn't care less.

~~~
"Sonic! Eggman is attacking!" Amy panted when she opened the door. "W-we need your help...!"

"I'm coming." I said coldly. "Stay here and protect Shadow." I didn't have feelings for him anymore, but I'm not letting someone die. No matter who they are.

He's still in that damn room, only Tails can go in, even though Shadow doesn't like it.

I dashed the explosions, many robots walking around, destroying buildings and attacking citizens.

A normal day at Mobius.

I destroyed the robots, dashing through them like it was nothing. When I finished with them I heard Eggman groan. "Not again!"

"Give up, Egghead. I'm stronger than your robots." I smirked when he growled at me. "What's up with you? You've attacked every day for a week."

"The commander told me that you were weak, so I'll keep attacking until I capture you!" He shouted at me and left.

I raised a brow at what he said. Why would the commander say that? Because of what they did to Shadow?

Ha! As if!

I shook my head and dashed back to the house I was now sharing with Tails.

Not because of Shadow. Because I'm not the way I used to be. I don't trust myself to live on my own.

My life is a mess. The pain is not going away. I want to hurt myself, to end the pain. But I can't.

Without me, Tails will get hurt, the city will be destroyed, Shadow might die...

I'm not someone to complain. Shadow has been through worst pain than me, he lost someone he... Loved... Dearly and had been through torture. Yet, he's still alive.

I don't understand it, did he love love Maria? Or did he love her like a sister?

Don't get me wrong, from the stories that I've heard, I'm sure Maria had the kindest heart, she just wanted to visit the Earth, but G.U.N. killed her...

G.U.N. has ruined everything! Everything!! They've killed Maria, kidnapped Shadow and brainwashed him, made our lives hell...

I can't...

I need my Shadow...

I shouldn't be so attached to him, it was only a few days... A few... Days...

I don't know what to do... I really don't... My life is getting from bad, to absolute hell.

Why me?! Why?!?

Why do I have to cry myself to sleep every night?

Why do I have to suffer from depression?

Why can't I just end my life?!?!?!

All I've done is save lives!!

~~~
"Come in..." He mumbled when I knocked on the door. I slowly walked in, my eyes red from how much I've cried. I've been crying for five hours. It's 2 A.M. I need answers. And I need them now!

I sat on the chair next to the bed and looked at him as I sobbed. "D-do y-you r-rememb-ber w-who I am-m...?" I asked lowly and looked down at my hands.

"Yes... You're Sonic the Hedgehog. My rival... And from what I've heard... My boyfriend..." He said slowly, looking unsure if what he said was correct.

"D-did you ever have feelings for me?" I tried my hardest not to cry or break down. "Or did you just use me to make me weaker?" I asked the last part with a hint of hatred, which made him lower his ears slightly.

"I... Can't... Answer..." He sighed. "I don't know if I shoul-"

I couldn't take it and snapped at him. "DID YOU MEAN WHAT YOU SAID TO ME?!" I shouted as more tears started appearing. "YES OR NO?!"

He tensed up lightly and lowered his ears, he looked at me and slowly shook his head.

"No..."