Chapter 19

Sonic's P.O.V.
"Mother. This is Shadow. Rouge's close friend." I said calmly as I introduced Shadow to my mother.

"Nice meeting you Shadow." She said and shook Shadow's hand. "What brings you here?" She asked when she saw the papers on his other hand.

"I found something you might find interesting." Shadow said with a serious expression and passed the file to her.

When Aleena read them, she looked at Shadow a little confused. "I don't see the problem."

"The problem is that the commander has no proof about the law that homosexuality is illegal. He doesn't answer any questions and he hasn't shown the papers to anyone." Shadow explained. "A citizen will lose his life because of this law."

"I can't do anything about it." My mother lied and gave the papers back to Shadow.

"Yes, you can." I said, having enough of this. "You have the power to make the commander stop this."

"Maurice. Don't talk to me like that." She crossed her arms. "I don't want to do anything about it. Everything has been peaceful all these years, this can cause many changes."

"But they're dying for something they CAN'T CONTROL!" I snapped at her. "Why are you so blind!"

"Don't raise your voice!" Aleena said calmly. "I thought I taught you a lesson-" She was cut off by Shadow.

"Locking someone in a room won't make things better." He walked closer to me. "If you don't want to help us change it, we'll find someone else to help us." He held my hand and started walking away.

"What are you doing?" I whispered at him and lightly blushed when I saw that he wasn't letting go of my hand.

"To visit Doctor." He mumbled and dashed to Eggman's base, he broke down the door and walked to his lab.

~~~

"Doctor." He spoke up, making Eggman jump. "I need your help to stop the commander."

"What? My help?" Eggman raised a brow and pushed a button, making Metal, who was sneaking up from behind, drop on the ground. "With the law?"

"Correct." Shadow crossed his arms. "Will you help us?"

"Uhh..." Eggman stared at us for a while. "No thank you. They can take away all my equipment. I'm good."

"But we can beat you up." Shadow growled. "You were the one with the files in the first place."

"Yes, and that was for you to do something, not me." Eggman raised his hands up. "I don't have the files anymore."

"Unbelievable." Shadow mumbled and dashed away.

I followed him and sighed. "This is difficult."

"Of course it is. Everyone is afraid to go against the commander as if he has the power to destroy the whole universe." He rolled his eyes.

"Well... He does." I chuckled, only to receive a glare. "What?"

"You're not making this easier." He mumbled. "Isn't Blaze a princess? Can she help us?"

"She's not here. So that's a no. Silver is not here either." I frowned. "We're alone." I groaned and stopped running. I gasped when I got an idea. "Sally!" I shouted and looked at Shadow, who stopped when he saw me stop.

"Who?" He raised a brow. "Sally Acorn?"

I nodded quickly in excitement and with a bright smile. "Yes! She's a good friend of mine, she'll help us for sure!"

I felt my cheeks redden when I saw Shadow smile, he nodded and pecked my lips. "Let's go then."