Chapter 18

Shadow's P.O.V.
My heart was beating faster by the second. My mind was racing. My palms were sweaty.

I. Was. Kissing. Sonic!

My ears perked up when I felt his hand on my chest, very weakly pushing me away. I had my eyes closed so I couldn't see his expression.

After a while, his fingers slowly curled up on my chest fur and he kissed back.

I couldn't help but purr when he started messing with my chest fur, my blush burning my cheeks.

I slowly pulled away and panted lightly, I looked at Sonic in the eyes, he was madly blushing as well, his hand still on my chest, his ears were slightly lowered, and his lip was trembling, he tried saying something but instead he smiled slightly and kissed me again.

My ears perked up at that and I felt myself melting in the kiss, I closed my eyes again and kissed back, my body didn't want to move, even though I knew that if we got caught we'd both be in trouble.

I don't care anymore.

~~~

"Got everything ready?" Rouge walked to us with a slight smirk. It has past two days, we were waiting for her at G.U.N., although I wouldn't mind leaving her here.

"Yes." I glared at Rouge telling her to stay shut up. "You're late."

"Oops~" Rouge shrugged. "Oh well, let's go." She smiled and started walking.

I glanced at Sonic as I started walking, he was smiling slightly as he looked at Rouge with his ears lowered, he was probably feeling bad for her. I sighed quietly knowing I couldn't do anything to help him now, we were out in the open, with countless security cameras around G.U.N.'S headquarters, I'm not risking getting caught.

We walked in silence, that was surprisingly not awkward, but Rouge's smirk made it hell for me.

"So~ Hun~" She said happily as she got between me and Sonic. "Did you do anything fun~" Her smirk became wider when Sonic blushed.

"Yes, I finally woke up without you ruining my morning." I said with a low growl. "Yesterday was the best morning of my life."

"Why? Because you woke up with Blue by your side~" Rouge continued, making it awkward for Sonic.

"No!" I growled louder. "Be quiet for once in your life!"

"Excuse me?" Rouge chuckled. "What do you mean by 'once in my life'?" She raised a brow.

"You keep talking about it while I've told you many times that I don't want to talk about it!" I tried to calm down.

"Fine! Sorry that I care about my best friend!" She lowered her ears and her eyes became watery.

I looked at Sonic for help since I couldn't calm her down when she was mad, making him chuckle and look at Rouge. "Rouge, please don't punch me but, is it that time of the month...?"

Rouge looked at Sonic then down at the floor and mumbled. "Maybe..."

Sonic chuckled softly and rubbed her back. "It's okay, try to calm down, the mission isn't that long, you'll be home by midnight."

"Yeah... Can we please hurry up? I'm literally dying." She held her stomach and groaned.

I chuckled quietly and nodded. "If you keep your mouth shut, you'll be home before you even know it."

Rouge whined and nodded then stayed quiet, after a couple of hours, we reached Eggman's base. I slowly entered the building with Sonic following closely, while Rouge snuck from the other side. I immediately went to the computer room and started looking through the files, my ears perked up when I saw a file that had "False Laws" written on it.