Chapter 17

Shadow's P.O.V.
"Agent Shadow." I looked up from my work to see the commander standing on the door.

"How can I help?" I rested back on my chair and crossed my arms. I knew it was a new mission, that's the only reason he'll ever leave his office. Usually, he would call us in his office, but since he hates me so much, he sometimes comes over to tell me about the mission.

"I need you, agent Rouge, and Sonic the Hedgehog to go to Eggman's base. He has some papers that are crucial for us. We need them now." He said sternly and threw a folder with the information about the mission on my desk, making all the papers fall on the ground.

I nodded and tightened my fist trying to hold my emotions, I wanted to glare and shout at him, I hated him to death, but if I do anything since the punishment was torture. Literal torture.

The commander noticed my expression and smirked satisfied that he pissed me off. "Also, tell Agent Rouge that a portion of her payment has been cut off because she's been absent lately." He added as he walked to his office.

I nodded and closed the door then rolled my eyes and read the information for the mission, I raised a brow to what the papers might be about. I sighed and put the folder aside then picked up the papers that were supposed to be on my desk, I growled lowly when I realized that the finished papers were mixed up with my blank ones, which meant that I had to read every single one, put them in order and finish the ones that were blank.

I groaned in frustration and texted Rouge.

-

Shadow: We have a mission.

Rouge: Great. Just what we needed.

Shadow: We need Sonic too.

Rouge: Great! I'll go get him!

Shadow: Not yet.
Shadow: We leave in two days.

Rouge: And? We can tell the Queen that we need him for now and you two and spend some time together!

Shadow: Rouge. Shut it.

Rouge: What? I'm just saying! He looked so attached to you in his sleep.

Shadow: Shut.
Shadow: It.

Rouge: Aww~ Come on Hun!

Shadow: No.

Rouge: But Sonic needs you.

-

I lowered my ears slightly when I read the message, remembering when I saw Sonic crying.

-

Shadow: Fine.

Rouge: I'll bring him to his house in a bit.

Shadow: I still have work.

Rouge: He can wait

Shadow: No. I'll call you when I'm done.

Rouge: Fine. Joy kill.

-

I rolled my eyes at her response and continued my chore of picking up and putting in order the papers that the commander mixed up.

After four hours of torture, I was finally done. The only downside was the massive headache, but it was better than working all day.

I groaned and quickly texted Rouge that I had finished and dashed to my house after I grabbed the folder for the mission.

I walked in my house and plopped on the couch, wanting badly to hug Sonic.

I closed my eyes and put an arm behind my head as I waited, my head still feeling like I was banging it against the wall.

"Shad?"

I opened my eyes and saw Sonic walking in with Rouge smirking. I rolled my eyes and slowly sat up.

"We have another mission." I said coldly since Rouge was there, even though I didn't want to. "We have to take some important papers from Doctor Eggman."

Sonic sat beside me and took the folder. "What are they for?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. The commander didn't give me any more information about it." I rested back on the couch. "Oh, and Rouge. Your payment is cut off."

"What? But why?" Rouge glared at me as if it was my fault.

"Because you've been absent lately." I lightly glared back. "And it's not my fault."

"How much work did you have?" Sonic changed the subject and put the folder down. "It took you four hours."

I looked at Sonic and shook my head. "It was just paperwork. The commander screwed me over so I had to do double the work." I answered, trying to stay calm and not to sound threatening to Sonic, but Rouge was there so I couldn't show emotions because she'll make fun of me.

"I have to go. I need money to live. See you Hun~!" Rouge waved at me with a smirk and left.

I sighed in relief and hugged Sonic, making him tense up, but he eventually calmed down and slowly rested his head on my shoulder. I couldn't help but smile.

"So... I'll stay here for two days...?" Sonic hesitantly asked, not looking at me. He was staring at the TV, even though it was turned off.

"If you want. I have a guest room." I shrugged and turned on the TV to see what he's going to do. He looked at it then looked at me. 

"I want to..." He mumbled and lightly blushed then took the remote. "I just don't want anyone to find me here..." He lowered his ears slightly.

I looked at Sonic and lowered my ears as well, I didn't know what to do. His mother locked him in for confessing that he was gay, Rouge and Wave are counting on him, his rival that almost beat him up told him that he likes him back. I would be a nerve wreck if I were him. 

"Sonic... I'm sorry..." I said softly, making Sonic's ears drop. "I've hurt you so many times... I'm really sorry... I-" I was cut off by Sonic.

"It's okay Shad. I understand." He smiled softly at me. How can he be so optimistic and forgiving?

"Thank you." I slightly smiled back, my eyes focusing on Sonic's lips. I started questioning myself about what I wanted to do, I didn't want to make Sonic uncomfortable, but I also wanted to show him that I cared.

Fuck it.

I moved one hand to Sonic's muzzle and caressed his cheek as I slowly leaned in. I could hear Sonic purring quietly at that and saw him blushing when he noticed that I was getting closer. "Shadow...?"

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled and kissed Sonic gently, my blush getting darker than my quills.