17.

Paris

I looked down at Kim's body as she laid on top of me, smiling to myself, I slowly slid her off before getting up and going to the kitchen. My mind was all over the place, but I was happy.

It had been a hot minute since I've been in a relationship and all I wanted to do was make sure everything went right. My phone rang in my shorts before I dug it out of my pocket with my mom's name flashing across it.

"Wassup mama?" I answered.

"Paris, my washing machine then broke down, can you come swing over here to see what's wrong with it?" she spoke loudly almost busting my eardrum.

"Mama I ain't Bob The Builder no."

"Boy just get yo a** over here," she yelled before hanging up.

Kissing my teeth, I grabbed my keys off the counter before heading out the house.

***********

Walking through the front door of my mama's house, I was instantly hit with the smell of red beans and rice. That was my favorite food and she always made it perfectly. I went into the kitchen to find Denise and Noah at the table, doing his homework.

"Okay Noah, I'm gon give you an example. If you have five oranges and you give two away, how many of them you have left?" she asked.

He stroked his imaginary beard before placing his hands on the table. "I'll still have five cause I don't share my food," he replied causing me to bust out laughing.

Denise looked back before rolling her eyes at me.

Noah hopped from his chair before running over to hug me. Lifting him up into my arms, he dapped me up. "Uncle P taught you right, we don't share our food with nobody. Good job," I cheesed.

"Paris shut yo ugly a** up cause that ain't funny. Noah go upstairs and finish your homework."

He kissed his teeth before getting down and stomping up the stairs.

"Stomp another step and see," Denise yelled.

"Man lay off my nephew. Anyways, where mama at?"

"In there trying to fix the washing machine like she handy Mandy. Have you heard from Kim? She's been ignoring my calls and I'm starting to get worried."

I contemplated on telling her what happened but then quickly decided against it. I didn't need nobody in my business. "Nah, but she alright so don't worry too much. I'm going help mama with this machine."

"Paris you know you can't hide nothing from me right? I know y'all have something going on. All I'm gon say is whatever it is, make sure she's protected. You know how crazy the people are in your drug world and I don't want my best friend or you getting hurt. You really mean a lot to her."

"Yeah I hear you. Don't worry, I got her," I said before dismissing myself to the laundry room.

I shook my head as I watched mama shake and cuss at the washing machine.

"Mama watch back, lemme check this out," I said interrupting the conversation she was having with the washing machine.

She folded her arms before backing up. "I then tried everything. I just might need a new one," she pouted.

I looked behind it to see that it was unplugged. I let out a deep breath before plugging it back up and then turning it on. "It wasn't broke mama, it was just unplugged," I laughed.

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever, cmon and eat some of this food I cooked for ya as a reward for fixing my machine," she said, wobbling into the kitchen as I followed behind her.