Epilouge

Omniscient

"I know you and my boy had y'all ups and downs, but you were somewhat my friend too. I know the type of girl you are, and I don't think you deserve what you're going through," Jermaine said as he sat across the couch from Daisy.

They hadn't talked that much before, but when they first met, the had little conversations here and there

They hadn't talked that much before, but when they first met, the had little conversations here and there. The only reason they were talking right now is because Paris sent Maine to drop some food off to Daisy, and he saw that she had been crying.

"Maybe I do deserve it. I did a lot of sh*t I shouldn't have done in the past. Maybe this is my karma," she shrugged her shoulders.

"Don't think of it like that. We all make mistakes. I then made a lot of them b*tches," he chuckled.

She let out a low chuckle.

"Why don't you just tell the other nigga he's the baby father. He don't wanna step up to the plate or sum?"

"He's not going to want to take care of my child," she said pushing the hair that was in her face behind her ear.

"But it ain't just your child. It's both of y'all kid. I don't understand niggas like that. How you help make a human being, and then decide to not take care of it? I don't understand how niggas live with themselves knowing they a dead beat," he said.

Maine's father was in his life, so it was hard for him to understand deadbeat daddies. He hated them, even though he never had the experience.

Daisy thought about telling Maine that Paris was the father, but they were close, so he knew that he would tell him. "I'll figure something out. I need to get a job for starters. My money from stripping is enough for now, but I'll need more later. I just don't know anymore," she said, feeling herself about to start crying again.

Maine watched as her eyes glossed over before getting up from his seat. He sat next to her before pulling her into a hug. He was stuck in his thoughts before making a decision. "Don't worry about money, aight? I'll help you with all that," he said as he played in her hair.

She sat up, wiping her eyes to look at him. "No Jermaine, I can't ask you to do all that. This is my responsibility," she said.

"And now I'm making it mine," he smiled.
**********
7 months later

Kim put her hand to her chest as she stared in the mirror. It was pounding so rapidly she thought she was going to faint. If it weren't for her makeup she'd be sobbing into her wedding dress right now. She was so nervous and excited at the same time. The day had finally come for them to get married.