Chapter 7

Hadrian's alarm went off at 6:00, again. Draco loved his mate, he really did, but he was going to destroy that alarm clock that the twins gave him.

"Draco, we've actually got to get up. We have to be in the great hall at 7:00 and you know how long it takes you to get dressed. Aunt Sev expects us to be punctual."

"I don't wanna get up. Mother won't mind if I- GAH HADRIAN!"

"Well what was I supposed to do! You wouldn't get up! Throwing water on you made you get up, did it not?"

Draco turned towards Hadrian, planning on punishing his little mate, but when he caught sight of Hadrian's face, he couldn't go through with his plans.

"I'm going to take a shower." He stomped off towards the shower, a call of "are you really mad at me, Dray," following behind.  While Draco sulked in the shower, Hadrian continued his daily routine of getting dressed. He buttoned the last few buttons on his blouse, and stepped into his green plaid skirt. As he got dressed, he began singing to his favorite musical.

"Wait, here's an option that I like
Spend these thirty hours getting freaky!
Yeah!
I need it hard
I'm a dead girl walking!
I'm in your yard
I'm a dead girl walking!
Before they punch my clock
I'm snapping off your window lock
Got no time to knock!
I'm a dead girl walking..."

He put his tights on, and slid his feet into his Mary Janes. Draco finally came out of the bathroom, fully clothed and his hair gelled. He listed to his mate sing for a while before talking.

"My love, do you need me to help you with your hair?"

"DRACO! Goodness you scared me. I would love for you to brush my hair, pretty please? I think I want it in a high ponytail."

Draco began brushing his hair, a calmness settling over the pair. Hadrian relaxed into his mates touch, nuzzling into his hand when Draco finished his hair. Soon, another alarm went off, this one a light chime signifying that it was time to head to the great hall. The boys put their robes on, walked out of the room and continued on through their common room.  Almost out of the Slytherin common room, pansy latched on to Draco's arm, and began to blab to him.

"Oh Dray! My family is trying to make a marriage contract for us, and so I thought you would like a break from your dreadful cross dressing roommate! I mean, who does that? It's unnatural. He's a freak. You'd do much better with me for a roommate, maybe ask Dumbledore if we can room together since we're going to be husband and wife one day. Why don't you sit with me at breakfast, so we can get to know each other better, hmm? We'll make such a lovely couple that all of the others will be jealous of our relationship!"

She kept on talking, not noticing how Hadrian's began to cry nor how Draco's eyes turned molten. Draco quickly yanked his arm out of her grasp and pushed her backwards, before stalking her like a predator finding it's prey. She backed away, her eyes filled with unused tears. Her back hit the wall, and Draco was on her in an instant, wings out as he held her down, snarling and showing his teeth at her. "YOU DARE INSULT MY SOUL MATE AND TRY TO TAKE HIS PLACE? YOU ARE NOT WORTHY OF HAVING A MATE, YOU FILTHY TRASH LOVING SLUT."

Crabby and Goyle tried to pull Draco of of the girl as she whimpered and sniffled in pain and fear. Ultimately it was Hadrian that got his mate off of Pansy. "Draco, we're going to be late. Come on love, Auntie is waiting on us."

They walked together to the Great Hall, Draco's arm firmly around Hadrian's waist. "Draconis! There you are! Where have you been, you boys were supposed to be here two minutes ago!"

"Mother! Breakfast hasn't even started yet, we're not late. Besides, there was a situation that needed to be taken care of." Draco sniffed  haughtily, pulling Hadrian tightly towards his body. "Now, can we please have our schedules?"

Severus hands him their schedules, before turning to address Hadrian. "Are you sure you're up for— have you been crying? DRACO. What did you do?"

"He didn't do anything Aunt Sev. It was some pug faced girl. She called me a freak, but that didn't make me cry. What made me cry was that she said that there was a marriage contract between them. I don't want to lose Draco, Aunt Sev! Please make it go away!"  Hadrian burrowed into his mate's arms, sobbing quietly. He didn't want to leave his mate. Draco could feel his heart breaking as his little love crumbled and cried.

"Shush kitten. I'm not leaving you, nor will I ever. Let's go wake up your brothers, since they are not at breakfast. We'll spend the rest of the day together with them if you want."

"The only girl I know that would say something like that is Miss Parkinson. Would you like with me to speak with her, Hades?"

"No... not unless she tried again. I think Draco handled it this time. Thank you, Aunt Sev."

The boys walked to the Slytherin table, and Draco fixed Hadrian's plate before fixing his own and beginning to eat. Hadrian finished first, and began to drift off on Draco's shoulder. When Draco was finished, he picked up his sleeping little mate and went to find the devil twins.