Chapter 38

Lillian was working late at night in her office, now with Mr Clark arrested pressure from those above her to cut all ties with Mr Clark as this was tarnishing her office's image. Lillian was in a dilemma whether to listen to her bosses or continue showing support for Mr Clark.

Lillian believed Mr Clark that he is framed. Detective Mack arrived at her office.

"Ah, Mack what's up?"

Detective Mack looked not okay as he takes a seat.

"What happened to Mr Clark today really shocked us. Bill Stone is on a mission to make our lives a misery."

"Come on, be positive." Lillian beams.

"Bill is always one step ahead of us. I don't know what to expect from Bill now after what happened to Mr Clark." Detective Mack said in a disappointed tone.

"Things are not looking good for Mr Clark." Lillian said.

"But does he have a chance of getting out of this mess?" Mack with concern.

"Honestly speaking things are bad for him. First the interview he did will play a huge part in his downfall secondly he was found with the body."

Mack sighed.

"Unless."

"Unless what?" Mack asks.

"Unless we can find proof that Timothy was framed, then we might have freed him. I must say Bill planned this very well. He has proven to me that he will always be  calculating and cunning."

"That's true. Let's hope tommorow's operation will have good results." Mack say with hope.

"Make sure you hit him hard with the raid. We can't let one man give us a hard time."

"Yes, we will hit him hard this time. Plus with my undercover agent within his organization we have an advantage."

"You have a undercover agent within Bill's organization?" Lillian asks.

"Yes, he managed to infiltrate the KBL Group. He's the one that gave us the information about the stash house we will be targeting tommorow."

"Can we trust him?"

"I trust him with my life. He one of the honest man I know, he will not let Bill corrupt him."

"Okay. I have faith in you and keep me posted on tommorow's proceedings."

"I will do that. I have a good feeling about tomorrow. It time Bill saw that we can play his game." Detective Mack said with determination.

"Hey, look at the time. I should be leaving tomorrow is going to be a long day for me." Mack said as he stood up.

"Let's walk out together." Lillian said as she stood up and takes her laptop and puts it in her bag. Detective Mack and Lillian leave the office. Lillian locks to the door while two men are cleaning the floor.

"Goodnight guys." Lillian said as she pass the two male cleaners.

"Bye madam." The men responded.

Lillian and Mack leave the office. The cleaner look at them as they leave. One of the man goes to check if they really left.

"It clear." Said the man as he returns.

"It showtime." The other man said as he took out a key from his pocket.

The two men enter the office of Lillian, they start searching the place.

***********************************************